QuittingAdderall.com Forums

A letter to my old self

Congrats on 51 days sober, that is a great start! Whatever you do, don't ever go back, it will continue to turn on you from here on out no matter how tempting it may seem, and any cravings (physical and psychological) DO get better over time.

I read a TON of addiction memoirs and watched addiction movies like (the lost weekend, smashed etc) I can't tell you how therapeutic that was for me. I really recommend you reading On Speed. I've recommended it to a bunch of people on this site and everyone likes it. It will give you a whole new perspective on amphetamines.

If you felt a sense of relief watching Animals(a film I need to check out) I guarantee you will continue to find relief reading and watching more.

Check out this link to an earlier thread

http://forum.quittingadderall.com/topic/123-book-list-dealing-with-adderall-abuse/

Keep it up!

• Like 3

51 days!  Great job.  I remember that the two month mark was hard, but the easy slide began right after that.  It stopped calling to me, you know?  Hang in there and congratulations on getting to the gym.  I just started working out again last month (at 10 months clean).  I am impressed  that you are having the motivation to get moving so early in your recovery. 

I love the letter.  If only we could go back and talk to ourselves before taking that first pill...  I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't have stopped me, though. 

• Like 2

Love this!!! You are so right and what's so awesome is watching you come out of this fog.  It's like you've been trapped in a dark hole and you saw the light and walking towards it.  :)   It will keep getting better and better!  Wow, I am so proud of you and so happy for you!!!

I do love what your counselor said too. Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes.   "I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."  - Art Williams 

:)

• Like 3