QuittingAdderall.com Forums

DAY 31 - Beginning to exercise Self-Discipline

jessiem

Today, is my 31st day without adderall. It definitely sucks to say the least. But, I am halfway through my IOP rehab program and there is definitely no going back! When I started, I called my doc to let his office know that I enrolled myself into a rehab program for my abuse/addiction. So, I couldn't get those evil pills even if I wanted to (which I definitely don't)! It has been a rough month. Lots of ups and downs (prob more downs than ups for sure). But, I am moving forward. Sometimes, I feel like it is only my faith that is keeping me afloat. But, my faith in God is strong and there are times when I receive signs that I know have to be from a higher power. For example, in the classroom I subbed in last Thursday, I came across "The Book of Virtues" and decided to flip through the chapter entitled "Self-Discipline". As I read through a few passages, the message became clear -- SELF-DISCIPLINE requires PRACTICE! And that is the message that has stayed with me since. I know that this message should be obvious and that I should have already known this. But, for some reason, I guess I was just unconsciously hoping that it would just grow as I move further away from my life on adderall. But, I realize that I must exercise my self-discipline. So, right now I am only doing so in baby steps....but my goal is to be able to run again!

Month 1 down...the rest of my life to go!

Good luck to everyone....my prayers are with you! :D

Jess

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...