QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Vyvanse--does it have the same abuse potential as adderall?

adderallic3

I've mostly been free from adderall for the past 2 years but I am thinking of starting on Vyvanse (if my doctor will prescribe it).  I've been diagnosed with major depressive disorder and a combination of add & adhd.  However, I have a horrible history of abusing adderall (binge abusing the drug).

I wanted to get some thoughts from those who have been on vyvanse.  Is the abuse potential the same as adderall? I figure that since it is only available in a sustained release form (ie. it doesn't metabolize in your system until after it's traveled through the digestive track, etc.) that it might be a better option for me.

I would appreciate all honest opinions and thoughts on Vyvanse.

• Like 1

Adderallic,

Hey I was the one who posted about the Vyvanse.  I would say yeah it is addicting but no where near as bad as Adderall because Vyvanse only has Lisdexamfetamine and Adderall has another ingredient which makes it more addicting.  But nonetheless even though Vyvanse doesn't have the greater potential to abuse it, it is still the same effect and can become habit forming.  I prefer it because it is much "cleaner" and no where near as bad as side affects as to Adderall in my  eyes.  But I wouldn't recommend it because I want to just be myself and that's the main thing we got to remember with getting off these stupid feel good "magic" drugs.  It will still make you feel like you are not who you really are so I would not get on them.  Listen the drugs do wonders even if you take the same dose every time at the same time but lets face it we don't need them and lets just be free.  I start my pill free day on Thursday so wish me luck and you can ask me anything if you need some info.

MUCH LOVE 

• Like 2

carock84,

Thank you so much for your comments!  Good luck to you on beginning this journey.....it will be difficult, it will be hell, but do whatever it takes because I promise it will NOT only save your life, but it will change your life!

I still need to post my story (and will do so soon) but adderall nearly killed me and if it weren't for being in the hospital in a coma for 2 months, I still think I would be fighting and likely losing to my addiction.

Please do NOT hesitate to contact me for help or motivation during your journey.

Best,

Adderallic3

• 3 weeks later...

Couldn't agree more psychgirl617.  Even though Vyvanse for some (like myself) doesn't feel as addictive as Adderall it really is addictive and I know that,  They really are all the same but with different side affects that trick you into believing that hey Maybe this one is better for me because it doesn't make me feel as bad but in reality it is still defeating the purpose and will do the same thing the Adderall did.  One day at  a time, One slip at a time, but eventually I will kick this I know deep down I will. 

• Like 1