QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Sleep Paralysis

carock84

This is kinda off the wall stuff but I've always noticed when I quit that I experience sleep paralysis of some sort. I've experienced this before even when not quitting but it gets worse right after I quit. It can get pretty scary at times and could tell some crazy experiences about the times I've had it. Just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this in their life.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've had sleep paralysis several times throughout my life. There are entire forums dedicated to it, and there are so many wild theories on what it is, why it happens, and what it means. The last time I experienced sleep paralysis, I was wide awake, struggling to move ANY part of my body, when I heard a woman's voice to my left say my name. As soon as she said my name I was able to move again, and my head turned to see who it was, and standing over my bed was a woman in a white robe with short blond hair, she looked to be in her late 30's early 40's. She gave me a slight smile as if she was saying, "good, you can see me", then she turned around and walked towards my bedroom door, her body began to fade away and she was gone by time she reached the door. I wasn't scared at all by the experience at all. And here's the crazy part, I've talked to people who have had similar experiences and saw these people in white robes. I believe she was my spirit guide or guardian angel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad someone responded to this. I think usually when I experience this is when I'm either hungover, sleep deprived, or really stressed and anxious. It happens from time to time but I usually can stop it when it stats. It can be a really weird "cool" feeling at times but other times you don't know if what is happening is real or not. But yeah I also think it is my brain getting back to normal sleep without being under the influence of a substance of anything too. There are many of websites or stories on the Internet that explain in detail better!