QuittingAdderall.com Forums

From 5 mg to 2.5 mg

catw66

I got through my move across country after tapering down from 30mg to 5 mg over about 2-3 months.

Last week I decided to go down to 2.5 mg and the depression is terrible along with the fatigue.

Wondering if anyone else still had a hard time with decreasing even small amounts. I was first hit with nausea and then a week later noticed the depression and fatigue caught up with me.

Having some anxiety while at the same time dealing with severe depression, brain fog, and fatigue.

I remember last time I did this two years ago, I had a very rough time for a few weeks. Just trying to not be hard on myself for not getting a lot done during this. I am wiped out!

• Like 1

I agree with AlwaysAwesome. I'm not trying to be an a'hole, but at 2.5mg, do you feel anything? Tapering worked temporarily for me because quitting cold turkey was too hard with a full-time job& school, so I tapered as well, until I reached a certain low dosage, which was so low that it made me relapse because it reminded me of the high that I missed. Eventually, quitting it altogether was what saved me.

Let caffeine become your best friend, and turn to exercise to lessen those intense feelings of cravings and anxiety.

• Like 2

Most of us quit cold turkey.  So I have no advice here.

But by the time you get down to 2.5mg you're probably very close to what it will feel like completely sober.

So yes, we all felt like crap of course, brain fog, fatigue, depression.  It's all standard.  We ALL go through that.

• Like 2

I am extremely sensitive to small decreases and was following the tapering guide on this site. I think I remember last time I did this, I was counting down beads from the capsule form. And when they ran out, I really felt it even though it was from a very small amount.

I think this week I am ready to just quit now. Might as well get it over with. Some days I feel okay and then other days I just feel really down like I am still on a high dose of the stuff when it turned on me.

I suppose this might intensify for a while and then get better.

How long did it take you to feel better once you quit completely?

I am taking L-Tyrosine, B-Vitamins, Rhodiola, and Niacin (the flushing kind) a lot more this past week. I think energy drinks might be my friend for a while. Coffee doesn't do that much for me, but yeah, maybe not the time to cut down on that either as I was trying to do as well.

But eventually, I want to give my body a complete break from all stimulants and see how I feel.

Thanks for the advice!

.....so I tapered as well, until I reached a certain low dosage, which was so low that it made me relapse because it reminded me of the high that I missed. Eventually, quitting it altogether was what saved me.

Let caffeine become your best friend, and turn to exercise to lessen those intense feelings of cravings and anxiety.

Yep, this is what I am feeling in danger of. I start telling myself, "Why not just take 5 mg if you feel that bad today?" I don't give in, but the thought is there.

Day two yesterday of nothing at all and it has not been so bad. I moved to a place where I have a lot of energy that gets activitated every time I am here it seems - which has been twice. There is a lot of mountain energy and strong sunlight here so this is helping with my withdrawal.

I was actually having anxiety and I notice my ADD symptoms have gotten progressively worse as I have cut down, but that's okay.

I am noticing some real mood swings, though, and have been through my tapering process. I will feel kind of anxious and revved up even and hours later just really down and emotional. Some of this is my bipolar II stuff and old emotional stuff I am working to integrate through a book called The Presence Process, but I am sure a lot of it brain related. Just going with it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I raelized over the last few days, that all my decreases to nothing are catching up with me at times. Dizziness, irritablity, inability to think straight, low energy. It comes and goes. I know from experience, that this is going to take a while before I feel evened out again.

I raelized over the last few days, that all my decreases to nothing are catching up with me at times. Dizziness, irritablity, inability to think straight, low energy. It comes and goes. I know from experience, that this is going to take a while before I feel evened out again.

congrats on getting to nothing! the other day i was learning some songs on guitar, actually for a show im doing on Halloween (a bit nervous!), and i got almost an adderally feeling off of it. so much so that when my mother asked me to go pick up dinner, i got really irritated that i was being interrupted. much like i would have had i been on adderall

i guess my point is that it made me question whether some symptoms during recovery are maybe just natural behavior- sober people get irritated, have low energy etc. if i immediately attribute it to withdrawal, perhaps im propagating my own sense that the drug still has some control over me? dunno just a thought (: 

i guess my point is that it made me question whether some symptoms during recovery are maybe just natural behavior- sober people get irritated, have low energy etc.

yes, this is true.  and it is hard to come to terms with but is part of the process

that thrilled giddy feeling adderall gave you does happen naturally, but it is fleeting and doesn't always last long.  you can still get into the zone though, but it is taxing on the brain so it naturally can't last forever.

thats why its so important to develop good discipline and working habits (something you just cant do on adderall) to make the most out of those precious times

(that being said i'm totally not there yet)