QuittingAdderall.com Forums

MTHFR genetic mutation and ADHD/ADD

LizLemonade

So, while we are on the topic of quitting our beloved yet evil adderall, why not look into the prospect that some of us may have a genetic mutation that renders us with ADHD symtpoms? 

I have a family member who is graduating in a few months and is going to be a pathologist (shout out to ya, if you somehow see this, you smart-fart creep.) Anyway, the boy is convinced the family carries a MTHFR genetic mutation. And the boy/doc also adds that many people who experience ADHD symptoms do as well. BTW, ADHD, ADD, depression and anxiety are symptoms of this mutation....

I told my GP this, and his eyes lit up like Christmas day. He then said the genetic swab test could be expensive, so I have to check with my insurance before trying it and seeing if that has been my problem this whole time.

What is it?

https://www.psycholo...physical-health

just google it it and be shocked.

Anyway, so boy doc says he thinks he has the mutation, himself as well. He started taking Solgar (brandname) Folate (AS METAFOLIN) 800 MCG 4 times a day. Why? People with this genetic mutation cannot digest folic acid in it's true form, so this over the counter vitamin is the how you get the nutrient you need.

So, if I take it with addrerall, I feel too much anxiety. If I take it without adderall, my crash is not as bad. 

I was also advised to take B1, B6, B12. I am taking those now as the last of my adderall is running out. Vitamin Bs take awhile to get in your system, I don't want or need a nasty crash.

I also think this mutation was my initial problem, to begin with. 

Does anyone here know about this? What are your thoughts?