QuittingAdderall.com Forums

4 months clean

Jmart

Still waiting for this to get easier and to feel better. I have all kinds of health issues that I must have ignored being amped all the time. Anyone else experience health problems from adderall?

My ALT liver enzymes were slightly elevated last check up a month ago. I don't drink or smoke. This scares me. Hopefully they have come down.

• Like 1

Yes, four months really is not a lot of time. I really don't remember how long it took for me to feel better after Adderall. I was prescribed it for depression and after three years on it, I was ready for ECT many times. Finally a doctor told me to get off all my medication and see how I felt. I felt better getting off Adderall and then I started to conquer Cymbalta. Then I moved to a place that didnt have enough sunlight and I suffer from terrible SAD (seasonal affective disorder) Since I cannot take most antidepressants at any therapeutic dose due to Bipolar disorder, I got desperate and got a script for Adderall and a small dose Wellbutrin again (which became intolerable after a while), which helped for a while, but it turned on me and I had a hard time letting it go. It helped me get through part of the winter, otherwise I would have ended up in the hospital.

Now I have worked on getting off my small dose of Wellbturin and Lamictal and the Adderall is the last to go. I've gone slowly at it.

Today is my day to let it go completely from 2.5 mgs. I remember I quit Adderall in late June two summers ago, then Cymbalta and I really started feeling pretty good by February. So yes, it takes a while. But I definitely felt better without Adderall - at least better than I was while on it and fairly quickly after the sucky part got done with. I went kind of fast with it last time and it was traumatic on some level.

But we can definitely deal with Protracted withdrawal syndromes and those just take a while. Be patient and kind to yourself.

• Like 1

catW66:

I too timed my Adderall Quit so I was less affected by SAD.   I quit in early June and by the next March I was feeling a lot better.  I feared the depression and related SAD more than anything and it really wasn't as bad as I had imagined.  But for you, now IS a good time to quit completely as long as you have a plan to battle the depression and SAD without more hard drugs.  Things like L-Tyrosine, fish oil, St.Johns Wort, Vitamins B,C, and D and good nutrition can really help you get through the rough spots.  Good luck and congratulations on your decision to completely quit today.

• Like 3

catW66:

I too timed my Adderall Quit so I was less affected by SAD.   I quit in early June and by the next March I was feeling a lot better.  I feared the depression and related SAD more than anything and it really wasn't as bad as I had imagined.  But for you, now IS a good time to quit completely as long as you have a plan to battle the depression and SAD without more hard drugs.  Things like L-Tyrosine, fish oil, St.Johns Wort, Vitamins B,C, and D and good nutrition can really help you get through the rough spots.  Good luck and congratulations on your decision to completely quit today.

Hi - I finally moved back to southern Colorado where I can get more sun. But I am still having some ups and downs and not sleeping well and feeling anxious. My plan for depression is more getting more regular with my yoga, supplements, continuing various forms inner work, and of course, I have a light box if I need it. My mistake was moving somewhere a lot cloudier that I thought I could handle but could not, hence the Adderall relapse. 

I am planning on keeping my life relaively low stress for the next few months. My brain now has to heal completely not only form the Adderall, but also the Wellbutrin and Lamictal that I quit as well months ago. And I am still recovering from a months-long episode of depression and a lot of stress - moving, narcissistic mother bullying that I finally stood up to and am experiencing the fall-out, having a guy 20 years younger than me interested in me and just not wanting to deal with that, etc. It's been a weird time quitting adderall and having all these situations to deal with, but that's life.  But things will get better. Thanks! Glad you are ok!!

• 4 weeks later...