QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Taking Adderall 2 Weeks, already need to quit

Beback17

Hi - I've danced with Adderall here and there in my career when my workload gets a little overwhelming.  I like being busy, and I enjoy doing a good job.  So, the last couple of weeks needed it, so I went to my doctor and got a script (after 1.5 years).  Already, the side-effects are pissing me off.  For one, I'm into personal fitness.  while taking Adderall, my fricken heart rate is at 170 doing activities that are easy for me.  Second, I am generally a happy positive human being who likes to talk to my colleagues and listen to music - this is going away too.  It makes me shy (wtf).  Third, I like music and meditation.  can't meditate on Adderall, it feels to inauthentic. 

I want to stop, but again, a little freaked out that I'll be left incapable and depressed.  Also, I like being skinny, and the idea of having an appetite that is out of control bugs me out.  I get plenty of sleep, eat and take a lot of supplements, so I'm hoping the damage isn't too bad and stopping at this point will be easy peasy.

Any thoughts, and words of encouragement from anyone.

thanks.

Thanks everyone.  I'm going to go to work without it tomorrow and just muscle through.  I have a really detailed oriented job, and I've always done well without it.  It's effecting my personal relationships now.  I'm in the beginning of a very new relationship with a great man who treats me better than I've ever been treated.  He has already noticed a slight change in my personality, and I'm worried that this will scare him off.  I shared that I was prescribed Adderall, and use it for short periods of time occasionally.  Maybe I shouldn't have told him, but he was requesting that I talk to him.  Encouragement from others who won't judge me is helpful.

Speaking from experience, multiple experiences actually (sadly), adderall is one of the best ways to slowly, torturously destroy relationships.   

If you want to be with this person, you have to quit adderall now.  Maybe he's not giving you that ultimatum, but I am telling you that the ultimatum is just the reality-- so I'll give it to you now.  Do you want a healthy happy relationship or a speed addiction that destroys your life?

Speaking from experience, multiple experiences actually (sadly), adderall is one of the best ways to slowly, torturously destroy relationships.   

+1. people close to me even told me this would happen, i didnt believe it. and then it did. 

adderall replaces the need for comfort, or the feeling of self-worth you get from making your partner happy. i like to think of it as: even when everything sucks, you can still be confident that you are the best person in the world at making them happy. adderall makes you forget this because you're all of a sudden GREAT at everything else, and you HAVE to chase down these new dreams and manic passions. 

your partner gets left in the dust. -_-

• Like 2

• 2 months later...