QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Getting Doctors to Refuse You an Adderall RX

Dirk Diggler

Hey all!

I had an account previously but lost the log-in information. I've been off of adderall without any relapse for about 6 months-- I'm about to get health insurance and lately have been tempted by the thought of getting a prescription, telling myself why this time it would be different, etc., and I'm wondering if there's any way I can get on some kind of list or something in my healthcare provider's network where I would be refused an adderall prescription. I'm certainly not industrious enough to try and get amphetamines on the "street," so I think if I could communicate to healthcare providers my strong desire to not be given a RX it would go a long way towards preventing me from relapsing.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Hi Dirk!

Great job on 6 months! Sounds like you're doing fantastic!

Who did you get your prescription from previously?  Did you tell them? I would just give them a call and let them know about everything.  I know there is some sort of system in place now where they will red flag you if they think you are abusing it.  Truthfully,  I don't know how it all works, but I remember hearing about it awhile back.  I don't know if it's in effect yet, but there is supposed to be some type of system that will hold your records accountable showing if you have more than one prescription going at one time.  Again, this new system might not be in effect yet, but I hope it is.  Sure would make it easier for those people trying to quit to stay off it for good. 

Let us know what happens!

this system is in effect in certain states for schedule II substances, regardless of whether you have reported insurance to each pharmacy. but if your ins is on file, they will certainly track and enforce the prescription period (28 days i believe).

attempting to fill a script early could red flag you, but in my past experience (from trying to do exactly this) they usually just tell you that you can't fill the script early. its certainly a good question though, whether you can self-report- seems that pharmacists are the gateway to this. here is some good info on these types of programs:

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/faq/rx_monitor.htm