QuittingAdderall.com Forums

how do I let go of who adderall made me?

jenn1983

I am as of now 2 months clean from adderall. When I was addicted I was taking 120 Mg's a day for almost 3 years. I have quit a couple of times but only because it landed me in the hospital. I have bipolar disorder and when I would take adderall I wouldn't take my medication. I was a mental disaster. I'm a bit more level headed now but I can't stop craving who I was when I started abusing adderall. I know I will never get back to that girl. I've tried. I'm not sure how to like who I am without adderall.

Have you heard of the Law of Attraction?

Whatever you focus on you will draw in to yourself.  Therefore, if you keep repeating that you will never be who you were on adderall and you are not sure how to like yourself without adderall then you will keep being miserable.  You have to act as if.  You have to start telling yourself who and what you want to be without adderall first and daily until it becomes your reality.  

So for example:

I am so grateful I am RECOVERED from adderall

I am so healthy and emotionally stable without adderall

I am stronger for having traveled down this road and pulling myself out of this addiction

I am victorious, awesome, and everyday I am getting better and better

I am FREE from this self destructive poison and I am now excited about my future and to discover who I am without it

I am HEALED

I am Intelligent

I am HAPPY

I have a positive attitude and attract good things wherever I go

These are just some examples, but I'm sure you get the point.  Try creating these for yourself for whatever you want.  If you dream it, set the intention, believe it, then it will manifest.  If you keep telling yourself negative self defeating thoughts, then those will manifest.  Focus on the positive, happy, healthy thoughts, and you will see your life start to improve and generate positive happy feelings instead of dark depressing ones. :)

You got this!

• Like 1