QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Almost 4 Months Clean

tophertime22

Thanks for this encouraging and informative post.  Congratulations for ridding Adderall from your life and moving on.  I especially liked item #1 on your list....

"When you're on Adderall, the illusion is that EVERYTHING is more interesting.  The reality is that the only thing you can be genuinely interested in on Adderall IS Adderall and this gets way more intense as time goes on" 

Thank you for sharing.  currently battling the beginning stages of dependence on my script (4 months) and the dose is increasing.  I run out of my meds this week and don't see the doctor until Monday.  I'm hoping I am able to push through work and motherhood, but most of all, I'm hoping that I "see the light" and walk away from this medication.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the love folks. Just a couple things I wanted to add. For people out there doubting their ability to live without stimulants in a high functioning capacity, listen closely. I abused almost all of the ADD drugs out there, in amounts you wouldn't believe, for extended periods of time. I guarantee a hundred percent I was as bad as you get without using meth.

When you are on Addy, your impression is that you can plug in a be hyper productive for any amount of time. The drug fools you into believing this. You are actually 10 x more productive without it at all. There is absolutely no comparison. The approach you take should be tough love, but assure yourself you will be way better off without it, in the short term and the long term, because it's actually true. There is not a soul out there who is happy and healthy using these drugs.

I 100 percent have severe ADD and have been officially tested multiple times and diagnosed at a young age. This medicine does not help anyone with ADD. It exacerbates issues with motivation that are already inherent in ADD people. The medicine is very targeted and does temporarily relieve the so called symptoms effectively. I disagree with this sites assertion that stimulant medications work for some people. The people making that argument generally are drug users themselves, and as we know from our own experience, it is incredibly easy to justify and rationalize the substances use. If you are considering quitting or wanting to lapse, you need to make sure you know this is the case. Most people who drink excessively have anxiety; when they quit only to use prescribed canal, they never get better. In that sense, add is similar to pathological anxiety. ADD is not Bulls hit, but the medicine totally is. Just my two cents. You will succeed. Trust me. I read this site back to front many times over the years but didn't realize it's true potential until I was forced to quit for an extended period of time.

• Like 1