QuittingAdderall.com Forums

The Six Month Challenge

quit-once

Frank, I had a REALLY rough week the same exact week that you did... I honestly felt like I just wanted to die. I didn't see how it was possibly going to get any better. BUT... that feeling is slowly (very, very slowly) lifting... And I'm feeling hopeful again that things are going to start looking up. Slow and steady...

Teamwin, glad to hear that you're still hanging in there too!! And it's nice to know you're feeling the same way Frank and I are feeling. We seem to beat ourselves up quite a bit, thinking we're "behind" in our recovery. We're awful hard on ourselves haha. 

I will say that I am super proud of all of us for making it to five months!! I know we don't know each other in real life, and only communicate through a few short messages on here, but it really does feel like we're doing this together and it is what keeps me going. They say around 6 months it gets a bit easier. Almost there. :)

PS - Wonder how flow is doing?? He's not too far behind on the five month mark

• Like 1

Sorry for the delayed response. What is the difference between how I feel at 7months than at 3 months?

The constant hunger and cravings for pills are not a daily struggle anymore. Though it still comes up for sure.

I think I feel confident that I have made it this far and that I never want to have to go through the initial quitting again.

I'm remembering what spring was like before adderall and being able to enjoy relaxing and just spending time with my family.

I am beginning to see that my body and mind are slowly healing. I'm so thankful for the site and this community because I can't imagine where I would be without it.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Day 146. It's been a very low week due to work stress. I still want to go back to Adderall every time these stresses occur at work, but then I remember the person that I was when on it. I was paranoid, with tics, and getting stuff done while destroying everything around me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Day 178. The panic attacks have drastically increased in the recent months, and I don't understand it. Adderall was what gave me the regular panic attacks, and once I quit it, I became so much more relaxed.. But that was only temporary. I've never before had it happen this frequently. I feel lost and confused

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Made it past 6 months, day 275 today, but I did try to get in contact with my former psychiatrist, as well as attempt to see another one, but both attempts failed. I know these are all blessings in the long run, but I've been hitting a lot of lows lately, and it's making me miss my productivity and that dopamine high so much. Ugh, today and just this week in general has been very, very challenging, especially while sober.

• Like 1

You gotta get some tools for when these urges pop up!  Make a list of all the consequences you have experienced when taking adderall.  Then make a list of all the rewards you will gain by staying off of it.  Refer to these lists when you have urges and surf the urge until it dissipates.  Urges will always go away if you don't act on them and they will lessen over time the longer you remain adderall free.  They won't kill you, but adderall might.  Arm yourself with as many tools as possible!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey bluemoon how the hell are ya?? How you feeling these days?

I haven't been on here in months... got a new phone, forgot my password etc...

We will soon be a year clean... can't freaking believe that! I remember how time just drug by the first couple of months. It was an all out battle just to get thru each day. Not so much now. Have good days and bad, but things have gotten so much better over time. I don't really ever think about adderall anymore and must say that my cravings are completely gone. Still struggle with fautigue from time to time but don't think it's all to do with quitting.

Hope all is well with you and your journey!