QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Starting Supplements

flow3

After 3 1/2 months being addy free and everything else rx wise... I'm still battling anxiety, depression and fautigue pretty badly. I wanted to see if any of you guys that have experimented with all the different supplement combinations could help lead me in the right direction. I've read most of the posts on supplements and am finding it all to be a bit overwhelming(too many options to choose from). If someone could share with me what worked for them, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm in my mid thirtys and in good shape/health if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

• Like 1

Dont waste your money on them. Im in a similar situation as you. Been off the stuff since November at this point. Lost track of the exact # of days.

Im in my 30's also and healthy for what its worth. Have tried a whole array of suppliments and 'nootropics'. Piracetam, hup a, l-theanine , b vitamins etc.

They are all a scam. None of them can actually recreate what amphetamine / stimulants are capable of / make you feel. 

Good ol fashioned caffeine is your best bet. 

I would not recommened you waste your money on these things (very expensive). If they worked so well they would be mainstream, not just marketed to niche message boards / the internet.

• Like 3

I appreciate the response. I've tried them in the past and couldn't seem to tell that they made a difference but I was always so jacked up on addys and kratom and I'm sure thats why.

I've had some serious anxiety, depression and major lack of energy lately and feel like I could use a boost of anykind at this point. I'd rather not waste my money or deal with the frustration of it not making a difference, if thats all its gonna be.

What about Thrive? I took it as well for a few months but again... I was on too much other shit to tell whether or not it works. Seems like thats all you hear people talking about these days although I seem to think a lot of it probably comes from the people promoting it.

I need some damn energy. Lack of energy leads to anxiety and depression for me... And I have officially had none for quite a while now.

Hey flow. Just wanted to let you know I'm still right there with you. Four months in and still no increase in energy. It makes it hard to enjoy life when everything feels like so much effort. Unfortunately we still have a long ride ahead of us from what I've been told. I remember someone saying that they didn't experience their next energy bump until 10 months. Will supplements help? I'm not sure. Maybe? But I doubt it. I think we kind of just have to ride it out. We've done great so far though and I'm super proud of us! Just keep swimming! There are better days ahead (I hope anyway, lol)

• Like 1

Caffeine is going to be the most effective supplement (but not too much that it's counter productive), and if you're in danger of relapsing I'd get some Wellbutrin for the short term. You're just going to be tired and uncomfortable for awhile as you heal. Nothing is going to make you feel like an amphetamine as teamwin said. Three months is a short time to be off any drug if you think about it.

• Like 3

I wouldn't spend a lot of money on exotic shit.   I think if you try out the basics like vitamins and fish oil that is a good start.  Just see what works and what agrees with you.  If it is extra energy you are looking for, supplements with caffeine can really help.   I am a big believer in the placebo effect.   So if you try different things and you find something that feels like it works, by all means take it.  I used a GNC supplement with caffeine and carnitine and capsicum.  Also 5 hour energy.  I took it whenever I needed to feel like I needed energy from a pill and, while it was no replacement for the Adderall, it did give me a temporary boost from a pill and helped wean me off the habit of taking pills for energy.  

• Like 2

I came across this place on facebook and I have been reading through it a little at a time....so much information and so much to learn.  I did the blood work and the hair analysis, got the results and had a consult with Morley Robbins.  I can't say enough about how finding what minerals I am deficient in and supplementing has helped me.  It won't hurt anyone to follow the link and read.  I'm so thankful that I found it.  Prayers for us all.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MagnesiumAdvocacy/

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond... You guys all rock!

Bluemoon... We have kicked ass so far! And there's no way in hell I'd go back to the life that this drug had caused me to live... No way in hell. Fought way too hard to get this far. I know I just need to suck it up and by god thats what I'm gonna do, just ready for some real energy and motivation. It'll come eventually, so they say.

Cassie... My psychologist has recommended me try welbutrin a couple of times but I'm so dead set on being 100% Rx free that I keep refusing. May not be the right thing for me to do but I'm kinda hardheaded I guess. I've tried probably 3 or 4 different antidepressants and none of them seem to do anything for me.

Quit-once... What vitamin combinations would you recommend starting with? Thats more or less what I am looking for. I've read a lil about the side effects of vitamin deficiency and a few success stories from people who have done what anewlife4me2 is talking about in her post.

Anewlife4me2... Thank you I am going to check your link out

• Like 1

I only recommend Wellbutrin as a last resort, if you are about to relapse, because it will give you energy. I know that from when I took it pre-adderall days and during times when I ran out of adderall. But I never wanted to take another prescription drug either and you're right avoid them if possible.

I also agree with quit once about multivitamins and fish oil. That's what I generally took every day.

The single most important vitamin may be vitamin D.  A lot of us had low levels coming off Adderall and it takes a blood test to confirm.  Vitamin C is critical because the human body does not make that one.  A good quality multivitamin will help, just be careful with the minerals.  I also take a B complex.  You will need to determine your own dosages.  And be aware that everything has potential side effects.  It is best if you can get all your vitamins from your food, but after Adderall, you may have deficiencies that only supplements can replenish quickly.  Never underestimate the power of good nutrition.

• Like 1