QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Narcisistic posting

Doge

Just wanted to say it really irritates me when people interupt and hijack threads and make everything all about them.  OK glad to get that off my chest.  Cause there is one particular user that is doing that a lot lately: me!

It's a side effect of recovery for me.  I feel like I gave myself ADHD by abusing adderall so long.  Even though I never had it and only got adderall through other illegal means.  I am dealing with it now.

So apologies to those who I've done it to.  I think they took it with grace and class cause they are nice people but just wanted to say I am working on improving with that.

Life is not all about me, who knew?

• Like 3

Just for the record, I've learned so much because everyone on here talks about themselves in so many different ways.  Being a supportive non-addict on this site may not hold as much credibility as say a supportive fellow addict-but its so wonderful to read about such personal stories-its how we learn from each other.    So although I totally appreciate what you are saying-please keep talking about yourselves in whatever way helps your recovery the most-let the label of how that comes across go-you have helped me understand things so much by sharing how you resonate with everyone else on here...so much insight comes from talking about yourselves.  No judgement or label from me-ever.    :)

• Like 3

Doge,

I feel like I do this too sometimes and I hope nobody ever feels like I'm trying to be narcissistic.  I have never thought of you like that just so know!  In fact, I think this is a beautiful thing that we are so open about what this drug did to us personally.  I have never been one that liked getting advice unless I specifically asked for it.  What usually works for me is hearing someone else's story and what worked for them and then trying out what they did.  That's what's so great about this place is that we don't have any structure or group guidelines.  We just skim over all the stories from everyone and can pick and choose things we hear from others that maybe sound like they could work for us.  And as we learn more and more from one another, we all benefit and grow stronger as a whole thereby united in our effort to stay clean.  Please don't ever doubt your ability to be helpful on this site!  You never know when what you have to say might be exactly what someone else needed to hear in order to recover.  I think about that one guy who was all star football player in high school and like 4.0 student and then he got on adderall and later committed suicide.  This drug is crazy.  You never know when you might be saving a life so by all means talk it out!  :)

• Like 3

I'm not sure what the Wiki definition of a "forum" or "discussion thread" is but in my mind it is having an on-line conversation with an exchange of ideas.  As in a person-to person conversation, lots of things get discussed, experiences get shared, and many ideas get thrown around.  The subject gets changed all the time, more often with some people than others.   Around here, we only have about four or five broadly titled forums and pretty much anything can go anywhere.  If I have a thought or idea that I feel like I need to express based upon something I just read, I will jump right in any discussion thread without believing that I am hijacking that thread.  And if somebody wants to get the conversation back on topic they can drop another post below by responding to the topic title or the first post in the thread.  

• Like 3

The ONE thing that really pisses me off is when people post spam.  This web site is sponsored by Mike and a few others who make donations for its continued operation, and also a few of us volunteer administrators.  It has only one purpose and that is to help people quit and stay quit from Adderall or any other stimulant drug.  And that task takes on on-line village to be successful.  When people fling their spam, especially in a place where no advertising is allowed, they are attempting to commercialize a forum devoid of commercial influence.  It gives me great pleasure to delete every spam post and ban the spammers, and I really appreciate the other administrators who help with that never ending task.  It hasn't been too bad lately, thankfully.

Doge, I just hijacked your thread with my rant on spam, and I hope you were not offended.  :P

• Like 4

This thread was totally an example of the social anxiety that adderall causes to me, both when I was on it, and now while I'm still adapting to being off it.

I constantly think back to conversations and relive them and think about how I said the wrong thing or something.

It applies to forums too.  "Oh I shouldn't have said that, etc."

• Like 1

I have felt so alone,until I found this website.  I'm not good at......writing or anything else it seems.  just wanted to say thanks, cause so far, finding this website is the only hope I have found.  I am going to try again to "talk" about my problem/addition..but can't yet.  just g;ad i found some people who seem to know what they are doing..and it gives me a little hope too

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

It happens a lot but I don't really care too much to be honest. I feel like we are all friends here and everyone (understandably) wants to talk about themselves and they need a outlet. Sometimes people talking about themselves gets a discussion going too, so be all means keep it coming! lol it gives us a chance to get to know you better and connect! :)

This thread was totally an example of the social anxiety that adderall causes to me, both when I was on it, and now while I'm still adapting to being off it.

I constantly think back to conversations and relive them and think about how I said the wrong thing or something.

It applies to forums too.  "Oh I shouldn't have said that, etc."

I have felt that way before too. It's definitely Anxiety talking.

When I read your first sentence, I thought you were referring to me.  LOL, we all do it.  I think it makes it fun.  As long as you aren't pushing some miracle drug that is "just like Adderall", then it doesn't bother me at all. 

you know we love you Doge!!

I haven't seen you for a bit, welcome back!