QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Could it be as easy as ASPARAGUS?

Okay...so that's ridiculous...but I have a theory.  Maybe worth a shot...or in this case...a bite.

It's spring.  Asparagus is freaking everywhere.  I like to shake mine in a bag with a little olive oil and sea salt and roast in my oven at 400 degrees it until its al dente. 

I eat it because I love it...but could it help keep you quitting?  

1. It’s loaded with nutrients: Asparagus is a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium, a trace mineral that enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells. ENERGY!!!

2. It can help fight cancer: This herbaceous plant—along with avocado, kale and Brussels sprouts—is a particularly rich source of glutathione, a detoxifying compound that helps break down carcinogens and other harmful compounds like free radicals. This is why eating asparagus may help protect against and fight certain forms of cancer, such as bone, breast, colon, larynx and lung cancers. Get the shit out of your body fast!

3. Asparagus is packed with antioxidants: It's one of the top ranked fruits and vegetables for its ability to neutralize cell-damaging free radicals. This, according to preliminary research, may help slow the aging process. Look good quitting! :)

4. Asparagus is a brain booster: Another anti-aging property of this delicious spring veggie is that it may help our brains fight cognitive decline. Like leafy greens, asparagus delivers folate, which works with vitamin B12—found in fish, poultry, meat and dairy—to help prevent cognitive impairment. In a study from Tufts University, older adults with healthy levels of folate and B12 performed better on a test of response speed and mental flexibility. (If you’re 50-plus, be sure you’re getting enough B12: your ability to absorb it decreases with age.) 

5. It's a natural diuretic: It contains high levels of the amino acid asparagine, which serves as a natural diuretic, and increased urination not only releases fluid but helps rid the body of excess salts. This is especially beneficial for people who suffer from edema (an accumulation of fluids in the body's tissues) and those who have high blood pressure or other heart-related diseases.

I am not a medical doctor.  I have noticed its benefits to me when I feel sluggish and gross and tired...and who really feels like cooking this crap when its not even guaranteed to help.  I get it.

But what if this was your second or third time or LAST time quitting?  You would need to eat so much more than just asparagus but adding it everyday to one meal with protein MAY help speed up the recovery time...

I can't get my love to quit.  I can't even ask.  I shouldn't ask.  He's not ready and that is okay.  I will never give up hope.  Even if I am never giving up hope from afar.  

There is so much bs out there for people in the position of trying to quit.  I just thought it would be a good try...even a 14 day try. Has anyone ever tried doing this for a while already?  Any input would be great.

I wish people weren't so alone going through this.  I know a lot of you are.  It's heartbreaking.  A gentle touch or a human breath whispering encouragement-what comfort (however temporary) those small acts can bring. Thank God for this site.

Sorry for the weird ramble.  My love is active in his addiction and I am lonely for him.  You all are the only ones who understand.  I am alone on the other side. 

Sending light and love to all.

• Like 2

I over cook it as well on the grill so now I roast it at 400 degrees in my oven for about 10 minutes. (sea salt...olive oil) Doge I have also heard that about asparagus.  I don't know if its true but it has had some scientifically proven benefits that are almost too good to be true.  Guess it can't hurt. :)

• Like 1