QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Getting through the hard times

Quentin

Hello all my fellow Adderallics. It's been a while since I last posted and my addiction has only got worse. On April the 7th I stopped taking Adderall, I knew that if I didn't they were gonna kill me. I had got to where I was taking 4-5 20mg. tabs a day. I became very tired and depressed but it got better. I got my Rx filled on the 14th and don't know why I was so stupid to do so. I had them in my possession for three days but did not take a one. I gave them to my sister to put away at her house.

On Friday I began to have massive withdrawels and all I could think about were my Adderall...I don't know what the hell was going on with me but after begging my sis she gave in and gave me two. Which did the trick and also put me in Guilt City. I don't want to be the wimp I tell myself that I am, I just really need to be able to make it through those hard times, after all I know they will pass. I know I have a much greater future to look forward too after I have beat this battle with Adderall. Please give me some solid advice on ways to help me through the tough times. I love this site and thank you all... 

• Like 1

Does your sister know you are addicted?  Call the doctor and tell them you are addicted.   Cutting off any access you have to them will give you a GIANT advantage in your attempts to quit as on days when you are weak they will no longer be at your finger tips waiting for you.  Having this pause to really reflect and debate on the choice you are about to make will increase your chances of staying clean.  

You CAN do it!!

• Like 2

Thanks for the response LILTEX41. You took the words right out of my brain. Yes my sister knows I am an addict. I think maybe she does not believe my bullshit anymore but does want me to quit. As for my doctor he has no idea. For the past few years I :excl:  keep telling myself to just come clean with him but I was just scared, scared that if I didn't have the Adderall that I would never become functional again. Although over the past two years or so I haven't been at all functional, Speaking of my doctor I have an appointment today. I think it's time I had a talk with him...I will post later on how that went...thanks

• Like 3

Keep trying took my three times before I really decided to do it. I had success with the step down method personally. But the final day I burned all my bridges for access. That means I flushed all my pills in hand, shredded my scripts that covered the next couple months and told my doctor I'm a addict. If you can't do those things then your sort of quitting but not really. Your correct that you can't function it's a long process I'm slowly finally starting to see the upside but glad I did it.

• Like 1