QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Cutting down on carbs

Frank B

I've been working out but really not getting the overall results I'd like. I don't eat a ton but have a habit of grazing on chips or cheeze-it's all day. Plus I've really fell in love with pizza rolls and ranch for a quick lunch. Then dinner usually a pasta with garlic bread. I'm not obese but have a belly and getting tired of it I think as we grow older the ability to use carbs in a good way grows less. I also know it can make you tired I love the new Taco Bell sausage wraps along with Cinnabon delights which are the most awesome bakery goods I've had in a long time. But after eating that stuff the other day I had to take a nap! Buddy of mine has stuck with low carb high protein diet and is ripped he told me try the diet have one cheat day a week and won't regret it. Anyways today I passed up the high carb snacks had brats for dinner no bread instead of a pasta had cottage cheese and asparagus. It was tough watching everyone else enjoy that other stuff but I've given up much worse lately!

You will be amazed at the results, especially the way you feel with more energy.  Overall, my days became more productive when I cut or eliminated the lunchtime carbs.  My general rule is if a food has more than 10-15 grams of carbs per serving I will just not eat it...... unless it is a natural, unprocessed food like rice, beans, potatoes, or any vegetable. 

• Like 2

Don't be afraid of fats, either!  Coconut oil, avocados, butter...all good for you.  Unless you are still eating massive amounts of carbs, then it is just SAD (Standard American Diet).  Check out www.wheatbellyblog.com  It has a lot of really great articles and recipes.  I am on a Low Carb, High Fat, Moderate Protein diet.  It rocks!  I feel so great that I am never going back to carbs.  After a week or so, you stop craving sugar and carbs.  One bite of wheat, though, and I am craving for days!  I have to stay away from it all.

Good luck!

First day of low carb diet man it's hard almost like quitting drugs but feel better. I already quit sugary pop and tea awhile back felt was time for that next step. Instead of grabbing chips at home when I got a little hungry just ate some lunch meat. Weird going to Wendy's at lunch and ordering a salad feel like I'm my mom or something lol.

Don't be afraid of fats, either!  Coconut oil, avocados, butter...all good for you.  Unless you are still eating massive amounts of carbs, then it is just SAD (Standard American Diet).  Check out www.wheatbellyblog.com  It has a lot of really great articles and recipes.  I am on a Low Carb, High Fat, Moderate Protein diet.  It rocks!  I feel so great that I am never going back to carbs.  After a week or so, you stop craving sugar and carbs.  One bite of wheat, though, and I am craving for days!  I have to stay away from it all.

Good luck!

I use cold press coconut oil for styling gel substitute works really good and won't leave your hair sticky or hard like conventional hair gel.