QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Best Summer Ever 2016

• 4 weeks later...

So weird you posted this today!  I woke up this morning really excited about the fact that it is June 1st, 2016.  Yesterday was the one year anniversary of a relationship that did not work out recently.   It dawned on me that I have screwed up my past two summers in a row by jumping into relationships too fast when my original goal of moving back to Ohio 2 years ago to make a ton of new friends and get involved in as many things as possible.  I am excited now because I feel today of all days is the hallmark of a new season in my life.  It is time to start the next chapter and I am going to take my time dating around and just having fun!  I do not want to get all caught up in something too fast and be up and down all summer long.  It's time to just enjoy life and making new friends.  :)

So for me, my summer is going to be filled with hanging out with old friends, new friends, ton of races lined up, triathlon training group, marathon training group, field hockey club team, smart recovery, church, vacations, work, dates, pool time, holidays, family time, and just being outdoors as much as possible.  Oh and hoping to write a book whenever I find an extra minute to spare.  Very excited summer time is here and a new season is under way!  

What does it mean to you, Z?

I feel like a piece of shit yes I can work but my ambition is to work and do the bare minimum in my off time which I should have more plans with my kids, friends family but I still don't want to do much but take it easy. It's not like I'm doing less with them then I was on adderal but I feel like I should be doing more. Also still stuck in a relationship I know I need to get out of sounds like your doing everything I should be doing. I guess 7 months is still somewhat new to being clean but I expect a lot of myself get angry when I don't achieve those things.

• Like 2

I want to play music, golf, hike, help others in recovery, and continue building my business, all of which is possible because I'm off Adderall. Thank God for Mike and the wonderful people in these forums. Otherwise, I might be dead or still in that amphetamine purgatory.

If you're new or just thinking about quitting, it's well worth the struggle...

• Like 3

Music.  That was the last thing to come back to me in my recovery, as well as the first thing too.  Only within the last year have I really enjoyed more and more music, partly because I discovered that my new smart phone was also a music player and that bluetooth speakers work really well. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...