QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Almost a year sober 😀

fkadderall

The idea that I'm a better writer while on pills is true. Yes, you can be more producproductive while on it, but it doesn't make you a better person at all. Now, almost a year sober, my mind feels better. I hope that everyone who struggles finds peace and hope.

Fortunately, you were not on it long enough to see how it feels when it quits working and then it starts working against you.  I am glad you were strong enough to quit before bad things started happening as a result of your addiction.  Congratulations for your first year sober!

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

Already one year sober. I just feel guilty for all those years I spent on this crazy mania kind of drug. I shouldn't have ever been an adderall addict at the age of 17 and 18. The high was great but so artificial. I think every addict on this cite is obsessed with the mania. First 10 months, I felt super lethargic. Almost disconnected with consciousness. Id be a better artist while drunk BC it releases dopamine/ pleasure chemicals. I know for a fact that adderall fucks upyour dopamine. Emotionally, I still feel numb. I don't wanna discourage any recovering addict, but this is hard. I don't get high on any drugs anymore due to this anhedonic feeling. Id hate to get an anti depressant prescription. Does anyone on this site fully recover emotionally?

• Like 1

Congrats on making it so long. You are an inspiration. I'm so worried that by suggesting this I might alienate myself, but do you use prayer at all? I find that it is what makes the difference for me when I just can't stand another minute on my own. Keep on looking forward! You are doing amazing! Good luck and God Bless!

• Like 1