QuittingAdderall.com Forums

TBI + post traumatic epilepsy

featherdusters

I was in a car accident and ended up with traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post traumatic epilepsy. TBI makes one very tired. I was prescribed adderall xr. 10 mg 3x a day. I took that for 7 years. Now I am trying to see who I am without drugs. It has been about 5 months without adderall.

I was fine with sleeping all of the time, but now I have anxiety and insomnia. I have rushes of emotion, which could be brain damage or epilepsy. I'm not sure what is withdrawal and what is my diseased brain. I'm frightened and ready for this to be over.

Do any of you get rushes of emotion? Are you moody?

Thank you

Hello and welcome :) 

I am at 7 1/2 months and I absolutely am experiencing everything you described. It's been really hard! 

It is hard to say whether your issues are post acute withdrawal or from your TBI... it may be a little bit of both??

Hang in there!! You're doing great :) 

• Like 1

Hello, and congrats on making it to 5 mo. I'm between 5 - 6 months too, and yes I get rushes of emotion also. I go through periods of extreme anxiety and even slight paranoia. Seems to come out of nowhere mostly, but even minor stress can trigger it as well. Like bluemoon said, would be hard to know whether or not your TBI is adding to the problem, but I wouldn't let that thought discourage you. Your doing great, keep up the fight!

• Like 1

Thank you both for responding. It means a lot. I have anxiety and slight paranoia too and stress makes it worse. I also have a bit of insomnia. I want to give you a hug! Hugs all around! Im not sure why I feel so much better that you are both miserable too. :D Well, we can do it! We have made it this far. I guess I need to look into coping skills. Still a bumpy ride at 7 months. Thank you again.

Haha, it definitely does help to know that we're all in the same boat. I think I would go crazy without this site to remind me that what we're all experiencing is normal and part of the healing process. It sounds like it takes about 2 years for most people to feel "fully recovered", but the first year just plain sucks. I also have a bit of insomnia, but it's weird because I'm SO tired and all I want to do is sleep, but sometimes I just can't. Or I will wake up every 30 minutes and look at the clock. And the anxiety, well it is just insane. I don't think I expected the anxiety to get worse, I thought it would be the other way around.

If only we had known what we know now prior to starting.. Ugh! Lesson learned. A hard lesson, but we will be better and stronger for it in the end.

So true bluemoon, if only we would have known...ugh!! I too am still shell-shocked at the anxiety levels. I swear it's sometimes so bad I'm freaking dizy. This site is a God send for anyone battling the adderall quit mega monster. So hang in there featherduster, we got this!

Wow 2 years. It's good to know. I wonder why doctors think it takes 2 weeks? They must be telling people they have mental illnesses when the post adderall side effects are still present. I started taking bacopa monneri for anxiety. I found this: http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/54028-treating-anxiety-safely-effectively/page-1

I guess I need to look up all of my post adderall side effects and start taking things. I wonder what exactly adderall did to our brains. I have anxiety that is so bad that reality seems to invert. I don't have insomnia every night. I wonder why? There must be ways to help the brain heal. I wonder if anyone is studying this. The company that makes adderall maybe. So they can sell us a red pill to fix what the blue pill did.

Yes, this website is great. What did people do before the internet?!

Have you tried melatonin for insomnia?