QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Intervention (the show)

bluemoon

Just a random thought. I noticed that they don't ever have episodes of Intervention related to Adderall abuse. I've seen an episode related to pretty much other addiction, including addiction to prescription pain pills... I wonder why not Adderall?? I feel like it is just as significant of an addiction and it affects SO many people.

• Like 1

Good question. It seems Adderall just hasn't earned the negative stigma that so many other drugs have. I think people want to believe that it's somehow a "safe" drug that's primarily used by the affluent population that are believed to have their crap all in order. We here know better of course...

• Like 2

Shire pharmaceuticals did 6.4 Billion dollars in total revenue in 2015. They manufacture Adderall and VyVanse. I am sure they would never let a show about Adderall addiction come out. It's always about the money. That's why I am so happy there is this site. At some point they will probably try to shut it down. 

• Like 1

Shire pharmaceuticals did 6.4 Billion dollars in total revenue in 2015. They manufacture Adderall and VyVanse. I am sure they would never let a show about Adderall addiction come out. It's always about the money. That's why I am so happy there is this site. At some point they will probably try to shut it down. 

I think you're right and I'm sure they will try to shut us down.  That's part of why it's so key that we keep sharing on here and helping new people who want to quit.   <3

I haven't really looked but seen a few random site posts about people trying to stop SSRI's but in my opinion it is the most dangerous prescribed medication, I doubt the adderal manufactures will go after this site but bet your ass if you create a quitting SSRI site you'll be in liabilty court very fast saying your causing people to hurt themselves by quitting . The drug manufactures are very protective in terms of covering up the dangers of them and very new drug on the market vs the long history of people using amphetamines, hell Hitler and his entire army took them we are in great company lol, US soldiers took bennies so don't feel to bad . You won't find people abbusing SSRi's for a high. But instead you find a long list of dead bodies from suicides and or murder/suicides directly linked to this very dangerous mind altering drug. Do some research on your own it's scary shit what you'll find. It is truely the big elephant in the room that society has marked as a "taboo" subject mainly because as a society we trust doctors and they would never give us something that has a record of not working and gives already depressed people a very high increase of suicidal tendencies. Doctors say it's worth the risk for very sick depressed people. Really? Because every other person is worth the risk then they hand it out like candy. If you've never taken a SSRI here is what it feels like "for me". Imagine taking 90 mg of adderal and 5 benadryls, u feel high like on addy but also feel like u can't move your ultra paranoid , also think of finger nails scrapping down a chalk board but inside your central nervous system. Also imagine sort of like adderal no emotion but amplified x10 and u also think everyone is talking about you. That is the nightmare I personally had on Prozac and Zoloft worst experience of my life. I had bad acid trips in high school that felt better. My experience is not that rare I found this on numerous random site posts and books at the library . I really wish this could be brought to life I try myself on Facebook but nobody seems to want to look at the facts. UK even placed a ban on them for children years ago but for the most part nobody has dived into the dangers and more bans.

http://www.naturalnews.com/039752_mass_shootings_psychiatric_drugs_antidepressants.html