QuittingAdderall.com Forums

New horizons...

eric

Finishing up day 12, for the "god only knows" time.  I've reached that point where quitting is the only option for me because its what I have to do and want to do.  I have been a frequent guest of this site since January of 2015 and a member since February of 2016 and finally feel comfortable enough to post something.  If I were still on meds I would stay up and type my story into the early morning hours but I thankfully am not and will be turning in for the night. lol.   I plan to add my story in the next few days and I hope it will aid others in seeking recovery from these medications. 

Thanks!!!

• Like 4

Just letting everyone know that I'm still doing good.  Finishing up my 22nd day of being clean.  Luckily I've been EXTREMELY busy at work and to be honest if I was still on meds I would've probably over did it and end up in the hospital or something, due to the excessive heat.  Keeping a busy schedule normally reduces the amount of time I'm able to think about meds...in the past that wasn't always the case.  As far as my recovery, the past 3 weeks have not been as horrible as they could be but I plan on giving a more thorough rundown of everything in the next few weeks.  I still need to post my story as well but 22 days is a new record for me which means everyday from here on out is, so YAY!!! lol

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Wow, I cant believe how long ago it was that I started this post...and unfortunately I'm still fighting my addiction to this terrible drug.  I've been on it for 3 years and 1 month now and its horrible to actually type that. For anyone that has recently started taking this poison, do yourself the biggest favor OF YOUR LIFE and quit.  Your life will not become better from taking these pills even tho you think it will. The longest i've been off of this drug has been 30 days (last November) and that was the best 30 days of my life. I've not come close to that since November and its so depressing to realize that I've wasted over 3 years of my life not being the best father or husband or friend that I could and needed to be.  That time is gone and I will never get it back! and for what?! to be more productive?!?! It's such BS! and here I am laying in bed trying to go to sleep and I of course can't.  I would like to say I'm done for good but I've said that every day for the last 2 years and I'm still on the crap! My best friend has been off of it since September of 2015 and I don't understand why I don't have the willpower to do the same thing...sorry everyone, just venting. Fortunately I am looking forward to a long weekend with the family and I'm ready to start my post adderall life during that time.  Thank you to all those that post on here and give encouragement to those of us that are still in the dark days of our addiction.

• Like 1

Welcome back Eric. If at first you don't succeed, try try again. I can hear the frustration in your post. Vent away - we are here with similar struggles. Kudos to you for recognizing that you need to stop and for continuing to give it the old college try. You can do this and you will be a successful quitter someday. Have a nice long restful weekend off addy and don't be so hard on yourself. Keep us posted.

• 3 weeks later...