QuittingAdderall.com Forums

TODAY SHOW

LILTEX41

I watched it yesterday wish they highlighted the side effects more, was shocked and disappointed to her that guy say he would do what he had to, tough world these days but at least its getting talked about, thats the only cure in my mind.  Thanks for posting it I will use this for talks with my oldest daughter in a year or so when we revisit that topic of why not to do drugs and make her watch it.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

I watched it yesterday wish they highlighted the side effects more, was shocked and disappointed to her that guy say he would do what he had to, tough world these days but at least its getting talked about, thats the only cure in my mind.  Thanks for posting it I will use this for talks with my oldest daughter in a year or so when we revisit that topic of why not to do drugs and make her watch it.  Thanks for sharing!

Just goes to show how powerful this drug can be.  Amazing he admitted that on air for the world to know.  

I pray your daughter never takes it!!

Word really needs to get out about the side effects of this drug. When family members are affected by this, they can't even find anyone to confide in that can offer support.  Everyone thinks that they are exaggerating.    After all, "doctors prescribe it to children and all of the college students are taking it".  So not only has someone you loved morphed into a monster, you are pretty much all alone in dealing with it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the comments section on this article. Crazy denial and victim shaming.

Don't have any answers but there are enormous hurdles to convincing people this is a problem they should have a compassionate interest in:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/16/magazine/generation-adderall-addiction.html?_r=0

Great article, BTW.

• Like 1

Reading those comments makes me so angry inside!! There are tons of people on here who never abused their prescription and are still having a hell of a time getting off the drug. I know some people may disagree with me, but I personally truly believe that there is not one person out there who "NEEDS" this drug. Nobody "NEEDS" amphetamines to live. And as we all have unfortunately learned - taking Adderall is not something that is sustainable long term!! 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! I'm relatively new to the community and wanted to say hello. I haven't shared my story yet but plan to soon, maybe after my brain fog subsides slightly. I thought I'd chime in on this discussion because when that NYT article came out I wrote a comment on it, and the Times actually selected the comment as "featured." If you go to the "NYT Picks" section of the article, mine is the one written by Andrea. Nice to meet you all!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I guess nobody saw it, but I'll post the link to it tomorrow when it's available.  It was weird this segment was featured today as I feel like a lot of people are struggling right now.  Sounds maybe a little insane, but I am a huge believer in people from the other side trying to help us.  When I was in the depths of my adderall days, I went to a psychic one night after all this bad crap went down.  The psychic called me out on my addiction issues (like absolutely nailed it) and told me get help immediately.  Then that night I got home and there was a segment on E about Lindsay Lohan and her decline highlighting adderall addiction.  I swear on my life that was not by accident.  

I just get this strong sense that today's show was not an accident either.  It was about how rampant ADHD drugs are now on campus.  One kid said basically, "EVERYONE is doing it."  The best part about this segment airing today was the overwhelming gratitude that came over me knowing I am so blessed to have overcome this struggle.  I still can't believe I did it and almost have 6 years.  Sometimes I question how the hell I got this far and I just pray that I never relapse.  There have been so many times I have contemplated it.  There have been times I've come pretty freaking close and I just thank GOD I didn't.  It's a miracle still to this day because this drug was HARD to overcome.  But it's not hard anymore and it feels awesome to keep in touch with all of you and be able to lend a hand whenever possible.  Some people don't make it and for that I am very sad.  I pray they come back to us.  And there are those of you who kick this and I pray you stick around and visit to help the people struggling.  We don't always have the same exact battles and nobody is going to take the exact same path as someone else that will make them stay clean. But what we do have is maybe tidbits here and there from everyone and I think those tidbits of help from the group as a whole are what makes recovery work.  You just have to keep adding more tools to your tool belt in your efforts to get clean.  If something doesn't work, try something else.  If someone gives you crappy advice, go to someone else.  The answers will come if you keep searching and don't give up.  They may come when you least expect it or maybe it takes longer than you anticipated.  It is good if you can learn to accept your feelings along the way good or bad and try not to get caught up in the short term shit storms life can throw your way at times.  You just keep reminding yourself of your long term happiness and well being ahead.  Adderall is a temporary fix and will just keep you coming back for more and more causing you to be dependent and trapped.  Break free now and heal your brain, mind, body, and soul.  You will thank yourself down the road.  Just don't quit your quit!!!

I know this is an old Post Erin but it was really insightful.  I read it for the first time tonight in detail and it's really the perfect truth.

Check out the comments section on this article. Crazy denial and victim shaming.

Don't have any answers but there are enormous hurdles to convincing people this is a problem they should have a compassionate interest in:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/16/magazine/generation-adderall-addiction.html?_r=0

Great article, BTW.

This article is the best I have ever read.  I have never been through a more accurate depiction of the honeymoon phase.  This person nails it exactly down to every detail for me.  And then where it goes next.

I have spent the last ten minutes reading this article with my jaw dropped completely.  It feels like ages ago but its not.   It's so not...

I think that's what makes it so easy and tempting to return to, even though it was insanity.  I have always managed to convince myself that it is some distant memory that can't hurt me.  How wrong that is...

• Like 2