QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Does adderall mess up your metabolism? Anyone know of a good diet pill to help?

Bubbagump99

I feel like it does mess with your metabolism.  Unfortunately I haven't found that right combination of nutrition, weight training, and cardio to cut weight.  I'm glad you brought this up though and hopefully someone will have some good advice because I feel your frustration.... I've been busting my ass in the gym lifting weights daily and doing cardio a few times a week, while I'm getting stronger and feel much healthier, I'm not noticing the LB's dropping off :-/  I'm hoping its because I'm new to weight lifting and gaining muscle but I've got plenty of extra weight that I can afford to shed.

Haven't tried that junk. Will check it out. And yes, I am older fml. 

Dont laugh at this but how the hell did lindsay Lohan stay skinny after rehab and quitting adderall?? Makes me wonder if she really quit. Smh

i seem to notice that when a lot of people leave rehab and quit a drug they get fat. Starting to wonder if it's due to metabolism or just eating a lot more or both. 

• Like 1

Hi Jen. I'm in the same boat. I gained about 40 lbs after quitting and haven't been able to lose more than around 10 lbs of that. I just can't stick to a diet and exercise plan for the life of me. I try and usually give up after about two weeks. I'm a failure in pretty much all areas of my life right now. I just feel like I have such a long way to go. Ugh. How much have you gained since quitting?

8 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

Hi Jen. I'm in the same boat. I gained about 40 lbs after quitting and haven't been able to lose more than around 10 lbs of that. I just can't stick to a diet and exercise plan for the life of me. I try and usually give up after about two weeks. I'm a failure in pretty much all areas of my life right now. I just feel like I have such a long way to go. Ugh. How much have you gained since quitting?

Ive gained 30. this blows 

I quit almost 3 months ago and have put on 10-15 pounds. Not sure how much exactly, It was making me depressed so I stopped weighing but enough weight gain that my jeans no longer fit.

I started working out more right when I quit in hopes of not gaining weight but I wasn't seeing any results working hard at gym and continued to gain.

I started doing this Callanetics workout two weeks ago and I've already lost 2 inches on my waist, 1 on my belly, 1 on my hip, plus 1 inch on each thigh. It's been really magical for me. I haven't actually lost any weight but I've really toned up and my jeans are fitting again! I'm looking slimmer. I'd recommend checking it out. It's from the 80s so it's dated but it works so I don't care. It's really relaxing and you do deep muscle contractions. At first, I didn't think it was going to work but I was really sore the next day and started noticing results after my 3rd time doing it. If you give it try, I hope it works for you too! And I'm happy to answer any questions. 

Honestly, I was starting to feel tempted to get back on Adderall(for many reasons but one was weight gain) before doing Callanetics but I'm feeling good that I will be able to get my body back under control now. 

As a side note, I do really think Adderall speeds up your metabolism. I had been on it legally since I was 16 and took it for 16 years. The last 5-6 years it stopped suppressing my appetite and I started eating normally and gained about 8 pounds at that point. After quitting, I didn't feel more hungry than usual and haven't been eating any more food or calories and I have still gained 10-15 pounds in 3 months so I believe that i definitely speeds up and makes your burn calories just by taking it.

• 1 month later...

Hydroxycut Elite gives you a great boost of energy and helps with appetite. It's probably horrible for you, though. But, hey — it's gotta be safer than Adderall. 

Definitely do your research before starting any diet pill. They work differenrly on every person. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would bump this thread and see if anyone is making progress on their weight loss?

I attempted to go shopping today but I just REFUSE to buy any larger of clothes. I'm living in sweat pants these days lol. I've gained almost 30 lbs since quitting and I think, at this point, it is definitely contributing to my depression as well. Please tell me there is hope lol