QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Motivation after first week quitting

Addyill

Hello all, I'm Jessica, this is my first post as I'm new to this group, but have been looking for a site like this for ages!  I had been trying to find the motivation to quit adderall for a few years and had given it a (very minimal effort) a try few times up until the last six months when I really evaluated what I'd done to my body, mind, and health and realized I was literally killing myself. The last few months I've done allot of mental preparation for quitting, started a mental health journal, and I think what has helped the most has been thinking of ways to repair my relationships with my family and friends. I had quit about two months ago and made it 7 days in but my heart really wasn't in it, it was more out of fear for my health after a binge since I can now feel the destruction this medication is doing to me after years of use. My boyfriend has literally been my rock through this, he has been through addiction and withdraw himself so I'm lucky to have a significant other who really understands what I'm going through and is supporting me in every way, but he is really my only support system so I know I need to reach out and find some others. I had googled about quitting adderall many times and have almost always found no helpful sites until finding this group so I'm very thankful that there is something like this out there and am hoping to find some people to connect with who really understand what I'm going through. I'm thinking about going to meetings, but I have pretty bad social anxiety so I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. I'm really just kinda looking for some motivation to keep my head on track and focus on the bigger picture (since quitting I'm realizing my mind is all over, even more so than before taking the meds). I'm on day 9 of being completely off uppers, which is twice as long as I've made it to (by choice at least) in the last 4 years. Every other time quitting was the worst, sleeping for the first few days, being depressed, no energy, just felt like I was completely empty. This time I've been trying to think positive and being in a good place mentally has made it a much better experience, but the last two days I'm feeling the inevitable bad parts that come along with this change. I know there's lots of tips on here and I've read many already but I wanted to introduce myself to this group and also see if anyone had any words of advice for about a week in? Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

Think you picked a good time to quit with spring around the corner. The sunlight really plays a big role  I even recall when I was taking addy I normally took less in the spring and summer time. It's a long journey look at it like a navy seal boot camp a lot try only a few succeed it's how bad you want it. I still must remind myself why I did everyday why I visit here so often. It's not like stopping any other drug out there but u can use the same tools NA promotes to help quit. Also don't worry about the meetings im pretty shy but after a couple of not saying anything I told my story to a room of strangers. 

• Like 1