QuittingAdderall.com Forums

How many of us are 100% ADD ?

Frank B

See a lot of different post on here regards to having ADD and some of us  just telling the doctor what they want to hear. I don't know how to make a poll but if someone does maybe you can. For myself I'm not really sure I might have had slight ADD always struggled in school etc but I knew also what to say. I'm just curious long term how recovery is different from those of us who knew for fact they were ADD , those who weren't sure and those who knew they weren't but faked the symptoms to get this drug.

Hey Frank,

I think its really difficult to say. I myself got a pretty thurough diagnosis including an EEG and multiple tests. However, at the time I was diagnosed I also had an eating disorder and my family life was chaos since my older brother was struggeling with heroin addiction. I am really beginning to question the validity of the diagnosis in general. The more i learn about psychology and working the 12-step program im beginning to see the correlation between environmental factors, parenting etc as the most plausible explaination for concentration problems.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunnie said:

Hey Frank,

I think its really difficult to say. I myself got a pretty thurough diagnosis including an EEG and multiple tests. However, at the time I was diagnosed I also had an eating disorder and my family life was chaos since my older brother was struggeling with heroin addiction. I am really beginning to question the validity of the diagnosis in general. The more i learn about psychology and working the 12-step program im beginning to see the correlation between environmental factors, parenting etc as the most plausible explaination for concentration problems.. 

Unlike the ability to say what blood type you are the labeling of ADD seems to be in the eye of the beholder. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frank B said:

I don't know how to make a poll.....

Start a new topic.

Under the "topic details" header on top, there will be two tabs: the default tab is "content" and the tab next to it is "poll".  Choose poll and design your question and answers.  It is multiple choice.

I think the results would be very interesting if enough people answered it.

• Like 1

I feel like if you list the symptoms of ADD/ADHD, pretty much everyone can relate to at least a few of them. I personally think it's a made up disease but I'm sure there will be lots of people who disagree with me. 

For me, Adderall covered up my depression and I thought it was amazing (at first). It gave me energy and motivation like I had never had before, and I finally felt "happy". I felt like I could finally do anything! Until it all came crashing down of course.

But anyway, no, I don't believe I actually have ADD/ADHD, however when I took the test I did score quite high on it and was diagnosed with it. Like you said, I just knew what to say. Am I a little lazy and do I lack a little focus? Yes for sure. But I don't think I would label it as a disease.

• Like 3

I am 100% add. I've never even completed an "are you add?" test. I get bored/distracted halfway through and just fill random stuff in. But it's fine!

The world will go on building complicated machinery, putting things in order, creating increasingly intricate systems without my help.  And ill be here, providing my detrivore services. 

ADD="unfit to serve society". Screw them. Let's plant gardens and drink tea on the couch and not mind the idea of being "unproductive". Productivity is a pill they sold and it nearly killed me!! 

I am the way I am for a good reason. Not totally sure the specifics of that reason yet. 7 months off of adderall, I am scattered! I was born scattered. My brain feels more like a wild forest than an orderly city! Im not here for the fast subway ride down my neural networks. I'm here for the old-growth forest, for the balance of the system as a whole. I'm playing the long con. 

• Like 3