QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Excessive fatigue

Dclayton93

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I am experiencing unusual amounts of fatigue quitting adderall?

I have taken adderal everyday for 10 years. I finished my dose at 30mg a day. I have been off it for about 60 days.

I still feel so exhausted. I spend most days on the couch. I usually have to take a nap after being awake for a few hours because I'm so exhausted. I don't know if it's depression or lack of motivation or just exhaustion from over exerting my body over the past decade. 

If anyone has had a similar experience quitting was there anything that helped this besides caffeine?

• Like 2

Congrats in getting off this stuff. Welcome to the board. When I exercise first thing in the morning it makes a difference in my energy that lasts a day or two.  For me, It's easiest to exercise when I first wake up because that's when I feel most rested. For a while I took liquid B vitamins every morning before working out but had to stop because my B12 level got too high.  B12 gave me an immediate boost of energy to help me start the day.  Other than that, sleep well, eat healthy and take your vitamins is the only advice I have. I think time will be the best medicine for the fatigue unfortunately.  You're not alone in this. Hang in there. 

• Like 4

Ive also experienced a lot of fatigue and depression. at first i was just allowing myself to succumb to it but ive recently been pushing myself a little just to plan more activities and fill my days with things i love/ surround myself with positive people and that has helped tremendously. I strongly recommend that you take some steps to rewire youre brain and to get some natural flow of dopamine goin again. ❤❤❤

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice and support. I plan to start some physical exercise this week. I also picked up L phenylalanine and ginkgo recommended by the sales associate at my local gnc who also came off a large dose of adderall. It was pretty cool because he knew exactly what I was going through!

While exericise, diet, and supplements can certainly help, I think the best advice when it comes to the fatigue is to just accept it as it is for awhile.

When I took away the pressure of trying to maintain my adderall fueled life and gave myself permission to do the bare minimum, it was much easier. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed. Lower your expectations for yourself. Each time I've taken an extended break from pills (this time I hope to make it lasting!) if I find myself chastising myself for laying around all day I say "hey, laying around daydreaming sober is still better than being active and taking drugs." It's 12:30pm here and I'm not dressed for the day yet.

Spending time with friends helps me a lot. I forget about being in withdrawal when I start laughing :-)

• Like 2