Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SeanW

Night terrors

7 posts in this topic

Anyone else experience these often? I've about one a week since quitting about 10 weeks ago. I'll have dreams of being strangled or fighting for my life and I'll have dreams inside of dreams. I'll wake up from the first dream to be in my room thinking I'm out of the dream then some crazy shit will happen and I'll be like there's no way this is real and I'll wake up again to actually reality, at least my reality. Hah also, I'll have sleep paralysis during some of the terrors where I'll "wake up" but can't move but I'm my room and there's been shadow figures, actually defined bodies and just feelings of something there and I'll have to first calm myself then fight like hell to come to.. they're really starting to get old.. I'll go to bed around 11pm but don't get decent sleep till around 4am. From 11-4 I can't tell I'm still half awake and that's usually when the terrors or whatever you want to call them happen. 

Here is the thing on addy you never really have dreams often because you never really get into that deep sleep "I think at least" .  I recall after quitting having dreams for the first time in a long time. I think the  dreams of terror have nothing to do with quitting but having dreams you recall do. Btw I have had dreams of fighting before one time elbowed my girlfriend in the head I felt really bad but she was ok. Maybe try mediation before bed or listen I some peaceful music. Or say fuck it listen to some Pantera and get ready to rumble in your sleep can be fun at times long as u don't hurt someone laying next to you. 

Hahah yeah it's quite the adrenaline rush, lucky/unlucky my gf just dumped me so when I'm come thrashing to I'll just sit there looking around for a minute pised off get something to eat and pass back out. Anyway, jus seeing if any others had similar experiences. Hopefully I'll here Pantera in my next battle lol 

1 person likes this

You haven't been taking any antibiotics for an infection have you? My dreams definitely became more intense after I quit, but I was lucky enough to never deal with night terrors. However, I have many friends who got wicked night terrors after being prescribed strong antibiotics for ear infections and the like. Just a thought! Hope the dreams ease

Nope no antibiotics, I think it's just my brain is just traumatized from the two years of literal hell it was put through not from just the heavy adderall and no sleep or food but the emotional abuse and stress from my relationship I was in and the heavy work load. I think the trauma from my relationship and thought patterns took the biggest toll. long road ahead of me...

Wishing you the best Sean, it's awesome that you're putting your health first now and taking care of yourself!

1 person likes this

Thanks Cheeri0! Working on it, progress seems so slow but I think that there is some at least.. these last few months off adderall have felt longer than the two years I was on, time is a crazy thing 

1 person likes this