QuittingAdderall.com Forums

HOUSTON, TX

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I miss the Woodlands, it's so pretty up there. I live in the Galleria, Memorial Park area. Thanks to the nature of unemployment though, my schedule is nearly completely free so I can go wherever's most convenient for yourself and/or anyone else.

I can't begin to explain how awesome this is for me. Crazy how I'm already feeling a sense of salvation for merely planning getting together. I can't wait!

- Jared

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I don't know if this room is still open or not but I just found this website in need of some serious support. I live close to the Woodlands. I have yet to kick the habit ( I'm struggling so bad, but so desperate to quit), I don't know how to do it. Normally I would be fine with quitting cold turkey because I hate Adderall with a passion, but I have a toddler and can't just "sleep it off". I don't even have the words to describe how much this drug has affected my life. I'm really scared after reading what people went thru getting off this medicine. My heart is broken (because I feel robbed of my joy and passion for life), I just need someone to understand what I'm going thru. I don't have anyone who truly understands :(

hey Candace, everyone here understands, we're all in the same boat, though to varying degrees as far as toddlers go... I for one have none. ;) But think of this- what would happen if you got a flu? what would you do? quitting adderall, physically, is a lot less debilitating. Mentally it has a tighter grip, mostly because we know of one sure way to feel better again, with the flu we just have to wait it out and suffer thru it... so if you truly want to kick it, start tomorrow. It ain't THAT bad, it sucks, but it's definitely doable... know you'll feel kinda crappy, but you can get thru it, and sure as fuck you'll soon be glad you did, cuz you can start to move on and up and forward and all without the weight of your conscience.... you'll feel proud of your accomplishments...

welcome to the forum!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 3/14/2012 at 5:30 PM, Erin said:

Where do you guys live in Houston? I live in The Woodlands and would LOVE to meet up! We could do lunch or coffee or whatever. So excited!

Erin

Would love to meet up in the woodlands or nearby Houston if anyone still resides here. I'm on day 8 and while the first week was complete hell, I'm just taking it day by day and have decided I am in control now (although it's the hardest thing I feel like I've ever done) it's very encouraging to see the support of people here who are tackling the same struggles I'm going through, as it gives me hope and a renewed sense of faith.