QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Im a mom and I’m finally realizing it’s time to quit

TAylor

You have the will and desire to quit, I know you can do this! In fact, you did do it not that long ago! Don’t forget how strong you are. 

Reading everyone’s stories is what really helped me get through the first few months, and giving myself grace. You already know stopping is going to be horrible. You might not feel like the best mom some days, but keep remembering that you are doing this so that you can be a healthier and happier you, and that’s all your daughter wants at the end of the day. 

• Like 1

That was a great post Taylor - I am glad you found this site. It really helped me get past the toughest stages. telling your story on this forum is a great start on your road to recovery. We can all relate on different levels. The loss of personality, health, and ability to love in a healthy way is scary. The only thing I cant relate to is being a mom.I suggest you have an emergency plan for your baby when times get tough. Some sort of child care back up plan when or if you get hit with PAWS - It usually lasted 2 to 3 days for me - as long as I took action like hiking, nutrition, prayer, it passed. And hitting this site during those periods helped me understand it will pass and we are not alone. Hopefully you can get enough support from Dad, but if he has to work, maybe you can find someone else who can help. Build a support network. I did 12 step program for the first 18 months and it was super helpful. Doing the steps is a guarantee for a better life. Look forward to hearing about your success. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Taylor.  I am so here for you.  I don't have much energy today to say much other than that!!!.  I don't even know if I should be allowed to post as I just filled a month script this morning.  I am laying in bed sighing such deep breaths because I feel I'll be sick if I don't and somehow these weird breaths are going through me.  My heart is fluttering so oddly and I am so dizzy I can literally feel the toxicity in my blood from taking too much all the time.  Let's take it day by day!!!! Y

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeorgiaRigby said:

Hi Taylor.  I am so here for you.  I don't have much energy today to say much other than that!!!.  I don't even know if I should be allowed to post as I just filled a month script this morning.  I am laying in bed sighing such deep breaths because I feel I'll be sick if I don't and somehow these weird breaths are going through me.  My heart is fluttering so oddly and I am so dizzy I can literally feel the toxicity in my blood from taking too much all the time.  Let's take it day by day!!!! Y

Ah yes I know that feeling all too well. I am on day 4 of no adderall right now and I’ve been exhausted but it I finally doesn’t feel like I’m on the brink of death. Yes day by day sounds good to me. 

• Like 2

On 4/16/2021 at 0:16 PM, speedracer said:

That was a great post Taylor - I am glad you found this site. It really helped me get past the toughest stages. telling your story on this forum is a great start on your road to recovery. We can all relate on different levels. The loss of personality, health, and ability to love in a healthy way is scary. The only thing I cant relate to is being a mom.I suggest you have an emergency plan for your baby when times get tough. Some sort of child care back up plan when or if you get hit with PAWS - It usually lasted 2 to 3 days for me - as long as I took action like hiking, nutrition, prayer, it passed. And hitting this site during those periods helped me understand it will pass and we are not alone. Hopefully you can get enough support from Dad, but if he has to work, maybe you can find someone else who can help. Build a support network. I did 12 step program for the first 18 months and it was super helpful. Doing the steps is a guarantee for a better life. Look forward to hearing about your success. 

Hi sorry to hijack your post but i am new to the forums and can't figure out how to start a new thread. I am on day 3 of no Adderall (my first workday tho, still remote thank God) and could use some help. I know that adderall gives us anxiety... But i am feeling anxiety without it. I feel very irritable and every sound my neighbors make is getting under my skin. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi. Thank you, I'm so glad you posted your story because it is eerily similar to mine. Bartending, easily accessible adderall, quit while I was pregnant. I started back again when my son was 3 months old. What I related to most is randomly cleaning things and smoking cigarettes on my porch too. I unfortunately continued my addiction 2 years after starting back. My son is 2 and 1/2 and I just wasted those years feening for adderall and cleaning like a maniac. I finally quit cold turkey 2 months ago because I was just a miserable, joyless, strung out mess. It was incredibly hard the 1st week but worth every excruciating minute. My son can finally get to know the real me. He makes me laugh and feel real love again which I was incapable of doing on adderall. Instead of going through the motions as a mother I finally feel truly connected to him (even though the laundry isn't folded perfectly anymore).

• Like 2

On 6/23/2021 at 1:25 AM, Sunshine2153 said:

Instead of going through the motions as a mother I finally feel truly connected to him (even though the laundry isn't folded perfectly anymore).

this is so true!!!

also, it's so interesting how Adderall flips everything in your life on its head - most normal people would consider folding laundry as a "going through the motions" type of activity :laugh:

congratulations on 2 months! this is a huge milestone - welcome to the forums and hope you'll keep us updated on your progress (: