QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Yeah I'm done.In

peaceseeker

I actually am starting to lose weight again. It's weird. I didn't lose any weight on Adderall and started to gain back some of the weight that I had lost prior to getting on Adderall. When I would crash at night and unable to sleep, I would crave sweet, starchy food. I would binge on it. I wasn't exercising as hard as I use to because I felt like I was going to pass out or have a heart attack. I am trying not to push myself too much right now. The main thing I do is dance. It puts me in a better mood.

It's not as weird as ppl might think. Same thing happened to me, I gained weight in my last 2 years on adderall and I was not overeating even during the crash. But in the past 4 weeks that I've been off, I've lost about 11 lbs now and also started running again (which I hadn't done in 7yrs on adderall), I'm not consciously trying to eat all healthy, but I just find myself doing it anyway.

There was someone else here too (I think occasional01...?) who said she has also been dropping some pounds after getting off adderall.

• Like 1

OK still some typos but I think way more legible now..LOL And yes I am gonna be dead honest here...I do not have total faith in myself that in 20 lbs from now I wont go omg screw this and go get a refill..LOL

But I am here and willing to try..and I am so grateful for all of you because I am gonna need told NO! lol

Because I really hate being fat..omg I hate it..lmao But seriously because of my spiritual tendencies that fear that I am putting bad juju in my life with the amphetimines is getting pretty serious too...maybe that fear is a bit looney and part of speed psychosis..really dont care..lmao I just know for now its actually the one thing that is worrying more then being fat...and thats really mature for me cuz most of my life I have been a very shallow thin obbessed woman..lmao

so were gonna hope that nearing 40 has slapped some sense into me and I can love myself fatter!

snickers..yahhhhh well see...lmao but I am here to try! Anything to be able to sleep and stay hydrated and not look fricken elderly in the face...right now that is actually more annoying then the fat..

and to not find my wonderful friends who I used to love so much..annoying because they are crying or venting or upset..

I miss being really sweet and genuine and empathtic to people not just be like..omg shut up and let me google random theories that are totally so unimportant to my life its stupid..lmao

so heres to finding the way back to sweetness..sugar..empathy..peace and love...for even the most weepy of my friends and people..lol and to a younger looking face...and good sleep...even if it means double digits in jeans..and huge thighs...

lol

I saw that now cuz I am not in those jeans yet.....I am gonna need my hand held when I am...lmao

whoa, I was kinda struck to see someone here mention that... I also found myself believing in juju for the first time ever when I was on adderall ( I don't anymore.. no offense to you) but some of my former in-laws were way into it from traditional beliefs and in some of my more paranoid states on adderall, I started believing some strange things. I'm normally very much a skeptic, but I had convinced myself that some strange occurences over time correlated with the bad eye and also juju.. gosh, that seems SO so strange for me to even say that now, but it made sense to me at that time. Huh.

Well said, sky... a marabout couldn't have explained it better :D

I don't what the OP's interpretation is, the juju-ology (making that word up) that I knew of (from W.Africa) was sort of a mixture of Islamic mysticism/indigenous animism. Juju itself can be a concept kinda similar to "luck", good or bad, but other people and even your own actions can influence it for better or worse.

A (singular) "juju" can also simply be like a charm or amulet (the khamsa/hand of Fatima is a well-known one). In the height of my adderall suspicious thinking, I was fairly convinced for a time that there was bad juju put on me and devised compulsions to counteract it, o_O I can't imagine now... but hey, I guess it doesn't sound so crazy that some here used to believe speakers were implanted in your ears. ...Adderall, scary trip!

I believed, and still do believe, that bad karma would have caght up with me if I didn't quit. Like, since I was blowing six thousand dollars a year on cigs and adderall, that if I continued with my addictions I would surely loose my ability to make that money. Or this: I was born with a good sound body and mind, and I was putting my good health in jepeordy by abusing adderall. Not too different that your belief in juju...but maybe my logic was a little more cause and effect.