QuittingAdderall.com Forums

3 Days Sober from Adderall... working on the rest

fnord

I don't want to bore you, but I do read this forum quite a bit and figured I had to f'ing post for once.

31, from 717, own my own business (bad for ADDERALLICS!!!!!!) , convicted felon for white collar computer shit.

long story short, 6-8 months of mephedrone led into trying adderall, and 1.5 years of hell. 3 days clean, binged 2 weeks before that, had been clean 35+ days, pisses me off. it's like when i quit cigarettes before i tell myself. hard to relate to anyone when you can't explain why you want to sleep the entire day, and the next night, and keep sleeping the next day. finally in the bouts of 5-6 hours of decent consciousness lately, and my business has been covered. hard to explain, but i guess my first question before i start talking even more, who has been through adderall / their own business? i'm more prone to the own business part because of my felony, can't get hired ANYWHERE really. gives it one of those life urgency type feelings.

tell me what you have to say, share, and lets keep talking, i'm here for good now.

timothy

Hi, welcome to the forums and congratulations on your commitment to get clean. How strong is your resolve? Have you got the support of friends and family who care about you? Have you worked out a plan for how to manage the necessary and unavoidable downtime that comes with recovery? What about your supplier... have you cut off your ties and thrown your stash? Just trying to understand the basics so you know you're setting yourself up for success...

Very strong, I've dealt with much worse drugs recently (4MMC). Got support, got friends, got my business going, my downtime, indeed, hobbies, exercise, business, family, son, repeat. Suppliers took ages to cut off, i'd been trying for the past 6 months, it really sucked me in, and sucks to have to tell people to F*** OFF. Cold turkey, for the third time now, and for good. Nicotine 9 months here.