QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Thyroid Disorder? Insomnia?

Sebastian05

Krax, it's so great to hear you're going strong! Such a relief and we have all been thinking of you. It's great you're off all (?) the meds now, I think. What a turnaround for you. How is the admin stuff going? I remember you talking about how it was hard to get the paperwork done without the adderall...

thx MFA, it's goin' okay you know it's more a matter of getting used to not having a magic pill to make even the most mundane tasks fascinating. The benefits outweigh the costs though.

• 2 months later...

Just to address the thyroid issues....

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism not long ago. I thought it was totally because of the adderall that I couldn't get out of bed or get dressed or do anything but sleep on days without adderall. But usually that goes away within a week or 2 if you quit. I had a time where I was off for a month around Christmas, but not too much changed. I was too tired to hang out with my family. All I wanted to do was sleep. My parents were worried about me. I also had body temperature issues (always freezing cold). I would go into a very dark place emotionally. My skin was terrible. My hair was falling out. I had gained a little weight. I couldn't concentrate on anything. And I had my first panic attack. When I stopped having a period, I had a blood test done and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I went to an endocrinologist and was put on medicine, which I'll be on for my whole life. But we discovered thats not all that was wrong. Other hormones were off balance and after many tests, I found out a pituitary gland disorder as well, causing extreme moodiness, disrupted menstrual cycles, and some other things. In other words, my endocrine system is totally screwed up.

I absolutely believe my addiction and abuse of adderall caused this. Like I will swear up and down. Thyroid may be genetic and my mom has a slight thyroid disorder, but I believe with all my heart that adding adderall to the equation has exacerbated my endocrine issues. Because everything suddenly became so much worse when adderall entered my life.

Anyway, just had to add that.

. Other hormones were off balance and after many tests, I found out a pituitary gland disorder as well, causing extreme moodiness, disrupted menstrual cycles, and some other things. In other words, my endocrine system is totally screwed up.

I absolutely believe my addiction and abuse of adderall caused this. Like I will swear up and down. Thyroid may be genetic and my mom has a slight thyroid disorder, but I believe with all my heart that adding adderall to the equation has exacerbated my endocrine issues. Because everything suddenly became so much worse when adderall entered my life.

Anyway, just had to add that.

So...the very best thing you could have done for yourself was to quit taking the poison. Congratulations for quitting and welcome to the forums. I bet your adrenal glands are fatigued as well. I absolutely agree with your belief that abusing adderall caused all of your health problems. A very good reason to stay quit for the rest of your life. I hope your endocrine system returns to normal soon.