QuittingAdderall.com Forums

How you can tell when someone is on adderall

I was in a meeting today and there was a young woman there, maybe mid 20s. Man, it was so obvious she was on adderall. It was a long meeting and I literally watched her demise as she went through the highs and lows throughout the day.

It made me think, do any of you think you can tell when someone else is on adderall? Here were some of the tell-tale signs:

• Talking extremely fast
  • Wide eyed stare
  • Feeling like she had to cover everything she possibly thought, and would get so lost in her train of thought she'd almost start a new project
  • The "deliberate blink" (trying to water her dry eyes I guess)
  • Grinding jaw
  • Pasty look, she actually looked like she was sweating at one point
  • Impatience with anyone else's contributions
  • Stuck in her own train of thought
  • Unable to really follow what was going on when we switched topics back and forth
  • Took copious notes (like reams of paper) and then suddenly stopped taking notes altogether
  • No lunch, of course
  • By the middle of the afternoon, the crash was settling in. She was aggitated, on her blackberry almost all the time, completely disengaged, sighing a lot.

I felt so sorry for this poor girl. Of course I could be making up all of this and correlating it back for convenience, but it was just so plain to see. It made me wonder how many times fellow adderall takers saw me in that state.

Anyone else think they're good at spotting other adderall takers mid-cycle?

• Like 1

These traits could also describe someone on any other stimulant pill, cocaine, and especially meth. I believe there are at least as many methheads as adderall addicts out there.

I will add a few more items to your list, mostly from the later stages of one's addiction:

Constantly thirsty and always having a bottle of a beverage in-hand

An oily sheen on their face

Dialated pupils

ADHD - like behavior

Narcolepsy-like behavior

Iodine-like body odor (meth users mostly)

Always being late or missing deadlines

Absent-minded / forgetful / spacey

Excessive cravings for caffeine or sugar

Difficulty communicating effectively

Bloated, puffy appearance, or bags and dark circles under their eyes from lack of sleep

Lots of time off from work (so they can chase their pills)

I might revisit this post to add a few more traits if I think of any.

• Like 1

I was in a meeting today and there was a young woman there, maybe mid 20s. Man, it was so obvious she was on adderall. It was a long meeting and I literally watched her demise as she went through the highs and lows throughout the day.

It made me think, do any of you think you can tell when someone else is on adderall? Here were some of the tell-tale signs:

• Talking extremely fast
  • Wide eyed stare
  • Feeling like she had to cover everything she possibly thought, and would get so lost in her train of thought she'd almost start a new project
  • Grinding jaw
  • Unable to really follow what was going on when we switched topics back and forth
  • Took copious notes (like reams of paper) and then suddenly stopped taking notes altogether
  • No lunch, of course
  • By the middle of the afternoon, the crash was settling in. She was aggitated, on her blackberry almost all the time, completely disengaged, sighing a lot.

I felt so sorry for this poor girl. Of course I could be making up all of this and correlating it back for convenience, but it was just so plain to see. It made me wonder how many times fellow adderall takers saw me in that state.

That actually sounds a lot like me before Adderall. Except, I would eat and was far from pasty. Mainly, I can't sit still, always fidgeting, and I have a hard time waiting my turn for thing. (Even as an adult) The good thing is, I know that is ME. I am happier acting like me then a quiet zombie. People were actually starting to me the hyper, loud, and fast moving girl. I am who I am and I am happy with it. Now back to the point of my response, (side tracked SQUIRREL) I would have to say that I would have viewed that girl being on something too. This is gross but did she have a weird, chemical like body odor? I am not sure if it was just me but I could smell it on me. No on else ever seemed (or at least said anything) to notice it. It wasn't the normal bad BO. It just smelled weird and chemical like.

It made me wonder how many times fellow adderall takers saw me in that state.

Gosh, or even non adderall-takers.... When I look at these lists I can't even think about how I must have seemed from the outside.

Kinda hard not to feel bad for people taking adderall/etc. when you look at it this way..... On the plus side its extra motivation to stay strong and stay quit.

But it's also really sad for knowing how many people are taking stimulants and acting like this. Its like these drugs are robbing the world of so many vibrant beautiful personalities. (At least temporarily) RUINING so many beautiful minds.

• Like 3

Yup sounds like adderall.

• Talking extremely fast
  • Wide eyed stare
  • Grinding jaw
  • No lunch, of course

Haha perfect description. What an awesome painful read. Reason being is I can relate. It sucks being at work and relying on adderall. The timing on important things is unpredictable and that's slight torture.

• Like 1

Every now and then I interact with someone and at first wonder to myself what the hell is wrong with that person, more often than not I tentatively conclude they are using adderall. I then reflect on how I acted and came across on Ritalin which humbles me and helps me feel more empathy towards that person.

• Like 1

Just read an essay written by somoene on adderall or some other ADHD med. I know she takes medication because she told me.

Anyways, WOW this essay! VERY different from most essays, which usually have more feeling, and are more genuine, more chilled out, but are equally high quality. Definitely an A paper. Of course! But knowing what I know, obviously it was written on adderall, and to be honest some aspects of it kind of reminded me of how I used to write on it. The thoroughness, the intensity, with lack of attention to certain aspects of form. Very detail-oriented, almost obsessive-compulsively so. Obviously an intense amount of energy went into it and she was very absorbed in her own thoughts. It was kind of aggressive. She did a good job with it, theres no denying that. Let's just say that there's just something....dehumanized about her writing style. I could just tell as I was reading it (from the first second I saw it) that she was super tweaked out while writing.

But at the same time........she lived right up to those academic standards. It sounded way too close to an overly well polished academic journal article.

Makes me happy to be off that stuff. I like writing that's a little rough around the edges.

• Like 1