QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Admitting I have a problem...

lunax

Exactly one week ago I admitted to my best friend that I have been struggling with an addiction to adderall. Last night i came clean to my fiancé about it (which i was terrified to do) and was amazed by how understanding and supportive he was about it. While balling my eyes out and simultaneously trying to explain things to him, I just kept hearing him say "we will get through this". Despite waking up this morning with an adderall/ambien hangover, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I know this is a step in the right direction.

My supply of addys has come to an end today which forces me to go without it for two weeks until my next appt. During this time, I plan to continue coming here for support (as I expect this will be an agonizing period of withdrawal) and will think long and hard about my next step.

On a final note...I've spent the last week or so reading through many of your forums and and I must say its been a humbling experience. It's incredible to witness how people who have never met can come come together and form a safe and supportive environment for one another. you've inspired me.

Be sure to build a really strong support network when you go off to help you develop good coping skills and ensure your success in quitting.  A therapist is a great tool to have in the toolbox.  The first month is the worst and after two weeks you will be halfway there; it could be a good time to kick it.  Don't torture yourself more than necessary.

• Like 2