QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Adderall addiction not taken seriously

ldmcniel

It's an addiction that gets no respect. People have trouble understanding No energy, no motivation, no confidence, no desire. They just can't relate. I get why they can't relate too. It is difficult for me to understand the terms of my own recovery and why I must suffer so.

• Like 2

I spent over two years high on Adderall from morning to night.  I was always in an "Adderall" state of mind.  I know heroin, meth, and other addicts you were not on their drug of choice as much as I was on Adderall, but yet they are considered more of an addict that me.  Being an Adderall addict has ruined major aspects of my life.  I wish there was more awareness about it.

• Like 1

I just got back from the doctors for Anti-d's. Pretty frustrating when you have to convince medical professionals that even 7 months clean you are having difficulties.  I think we are before our time and  in the coming years you will see more and more in the media about Adderall's after taste.  Thank God for this site without we would be lost.  

• Like 3

I've noticed that doctors don't seem to understand it, but most regular people I've talked to do, especially if they have ever been addicted to anything. You just have to frame it right. The key is to say you're struggling with an amphetamine or speed addiction, not 'adderall addiction', because like quitonce said, adderall has a kiddie connotation.

• Like 4