QuittingAdderall.com Forums

reading comprehension in the shitter

dangerbean

So, i've realized that my concentration is generally improving, and overall i'm glad that i'm off adderall.  but i think i really have ADD and as much as I hate adderall, it helped me with a lot of things. The thing I'm finding toughest though is that I miss being able to read, understand, and comprehend what I"m reading.  The way i am now with reading is exactly how I was before even taking adderall.  I will read an entire page--or even just a paragraph--and literally not be able to say what I just read. i hate this....does anyone have any experience with any other ADD meds that help with that sort of thing without the adderall bullshit?  

• Like 1

Wellbutrin is a good transition drug to help with focus after adderall (I've taken it in the past, short term). I was a voracious reader before adderall and it took a year or so for my reading to get back to the same level. Everyone has add after adderall, regardless of whether they had it before, so be patient and work to get out of the mindset that you need a drug to compensate for a lack of skill. That is addict thinking.

• Like 1