QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Thanks!

Lesson Learned

On labor day weekend I found this site for the first time.  I was pretty damn beat down with a horrible adderall habit.  After reading several hours, I decided to take the 30 day challenge.  For months later my life has really turned around.

I flushed my script that weekend and haven't looked back.  My wife and I committed to getting me well.  Life (all things considered) is much better without the horrible weight of paranoia, depression, low self-esteem, and dependence.

ZeroKewl, I saw similarities in our work experiences and realized I was about to throw my career away.  Your story really helped get me through the first month.

For anyone interested, I have done a multitude of things to benefit recovery.  I joined a 12-step group, lift weights, did the 12-steps, and see a counselor with my wife.  I decided to use a counselor because of the advice to let your significant other know the affects of stopping adderall, which I found on this site.

Some days are better than others, but the worse days are always better than the best during my using adderall days.

I know I'm newer than most, but I am so grateful for the help to let that prescription go 4 months ago today.

Thanks

• Like 4