QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Some important observations I've made about Adderall

LiberatedMind

On 24/03/2019 at 1:06 AM, LiberatedMind said:

Quitting Adderall, as hard of a decision as it may be, is nowhere near as hard as STAYING off of Adderall.
Quitting while experiencing the pain of the hell that Adderall puts you through is easy, relatively speaking.  Any change you make in your life is easy once the pain of staying the same overpowers the pain of the change in question.  Yeah it is scary and the fearful thought of "how will I function without it" is kind of drowned out by the pain of your experience on it once you have had enough of destroying yourself.  Once that pain disappears into the background however, getting farther and farther away many months later, it becomes more of a distant memory that doesn't seem half as bad once life returns back to normal again, and when normal everyday shit is boring.  Especially when you realize that you simply don't enjoy things like you used to, THIS is the danger zone!!!!!! And it could happen fucking 7 months later after you've been 100% clean no problem!!!

If you made the decision to quit permanently, but haven't gotten rid of your pills, then you haven't made the decision to quit.
I am guilty of this myself.  And my biggest reason for not throwing them away is "what if there is just one time that I REALLY need them?  How about I'll ONLY do it that one time, and ONLY if I truly really need to?"....  Yeeeaaaaahhhhhh right.  Welcome to self-deception.  Nobody can scam you as good as you can scam yourself.  The ship cannot sail unless you untie the rope from port.  Flush them down the fucking toilet.  

I can relate to EVERYTHING you have said in your post! I had to come back and re-read this tonight. These 2 points above are the ones I’m struggling with the most 26days into quitting.

Anhedonia- i have reached a point over these past 2 days whereby I feel bored and underwhelmed with everything in life right now. I am not enjoying any of the things I once did and a couple of times I caught myself thinking “this would be so much more fun if I could just take a small 30mg (6 pills) of dexamphetamine”.

The point you raised about not flushing the last of the pills is the one that has resonated with me the most. I knew I wouldn’t be able to do this and my intention was to physically take them all before my holiday. I was so unwell in the 2 days leading up to my flight that I just couldn’t. I know I have approximately 20 tablets in my top drawer waiting for me when I fly home. It’s enough to get me through 1 or maybe 2 days at work. It’s actually pathetic of me to be thinking like this whilst encouraging others on here to remain clean and to not give up but it’s honestly how I’ve been feeling these last couple of days.

i know this shit will only get harder each time I relapse and quit until I eventually die from it. I don’t want to be that person. All the stories I’ve read from the others who are roughly around the 2-3 yr mark are generally positive and inspirational which is one of the main reasons I’m trying my hardest to hang in there and wait for this to pass and things to improve. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2019 at 8:13 AM, Socially awkward said:

I can relate to EVERYTHING you have said in your post! I had to come back and re-read this tonight. These 2 points above are the ones I’m struggling with the most 26days into quitting.

Anhedonia- i have reached a point over these past 2 days whereby I feel bored and underwhelmed with everything in life right now. I am not enjoying any of the things I once did and a couple of times I caught myself thinking “this would be so much more fun if I could just take a small 30mg (6 pills) of dexamphetamine”.

The point you raised about not flushing the last of the pills is the one that has resonated with me the most. I knew I wouldn’t be able to do this and my intention was to physically take them all before my holiday. I was so unwell in the 2 days leading up to my flight that I just couldn’t. I know I have approximately 20 tablets in my top drawer waiting for me when I fly home. It’s enough to get me through 1 or maybe 2 days at work. It’s actually pathetic of me to be thinking like this whilst encouraging others on here to remain clean and to not give up but it’s honestly how I’ve been feeling these last couple of days.

i know this shit will only get harder each time I relapse and quit until I eventually die from it. I don’t want to be that person. All the stories I’ve read from the others who are roughly around the 2-3 yr mark are generally positive and inspirational which is one of the main reasons I’m trying my hardest to hang in there and wait for this to pass and things to improve. 

I am happy that you were able to connect to my post.  I hope so much for you that you will gather enough strength and willpower to make the decision that you truly need to make.  Every day is precious.  Days pass in an instant.  Do not allow those pills in your drawer to rob you of your life.  I support you, my friend!

• Like 1