QuittingAdderall.com Forums

A month and a half clean

Steventhekyle

I read somewhere that one of the best things for overcoming an addiction is to find something else to be obsessed with. I've started training for a marathon, a few weeks ago I ran 13 miles as part of my training. Certain aspects of my recovery I'm proud of, but others aren't going so well.

I find myself always dwelling on my mental state and comparing how I am now to how I used to be, it also seems like my temper is worse. If I find a task that takes ANY effort whatsoever mentally, I find myself just getting angry. Does anyone have any tips for this? Also, does anyone have any good tips for staying sober? I'm just looking forward to that year and a half mark, at that point the brain has 80% of normal dopamine levels :)

My solution to managing the anger and frustration over anything requiring a mental challenge was to just say "fuck it for now". Put it off until you can come back to it in a different state of mind more eager to solve the problem. It can be days, weeks, or even minutes later, but the key is to aviod the brain fart. It took me about three months before I started craving more physical activity and mental challenges. Indeed, the first three months of my recovery were nothing stellar in terms of performance and I remember it more as a blur with a few isolated events that I remember with any clarity.

Wow, I haven't been on here in a while. I need to update my status. But reading your last line made me want to respond. Unlike your experience, I am now ten times wittier than I used to be! It's the old me back! Not the Adderall user "all work no play" me that I was for 5 years. I quit December 30th. On Adderall, that might have seemed like yesterday. But off Adderall, that seems like a really long time ago now.

Wow, I haven't been on here in a while. I need to update my status. But reading your last line made me want to respond. Unlike your experience, I am now ten times wittier than I used to be! It's the old me back! Not the Adderall user "all work no play" me that I was for 5 years. I quit December 30th. On Adderall, that might have seemed like yesterday. But off Adderall, that seems like a really long time ago now.

Ahh yes, same here. When I am not taking adderall and way witty. Because my brain doesn't filter everything before it comes out if my mouth, which then usually results in saying nothing.

I just have to be careful off of adderall because my mouth can get me into trouble. But it feels great to just 'be' and be me. Which is why my goal is adderall free.