QuittingAdderall.com Forums

11 Days Clean

Collin

Hi everybody I’ve been a longtime lurker on this site and I’ve been actively trying to quit for the last year. I was prescribed Adderall xr 20mg 7 years ago when I was a sophomore in high school after a poor performance my freshman year. Having struggled with ADHD my whole life Adderall was a “miracle” drug at first. I could actually get my school work done and I enjoyed doing it my grades reflected that.

But as many as you know this honeymoon phase only last for so long. I’ve continued use of this drug for the last 7 years and it no longer effects me in a positive way I've dropped out of college and still been using it on a daily basis. Last year I failed a drug test from my doctor for marijuana and they cut off my prescription. So naturally as a addict I found a new doctor to write a script and picked up my use again. 11 days ago I said enough is enough and quit Adderall, marijuana, and juul cold turkey and have been paying the price.

Today is the first day I feel somewhat ok and got decent sleep and even though I’m constantly tired. I never abused my prescription but I did take it everyday for 30 days then I would refill. I would also pair the Adderall with coffee and weed and would get a real ecstasy type effect so I abused it in that sense. I wanna feel human connections again and bring back my funny goofy behavior I had before all the drugs. I hope my story helps someone out there and they can relate!

• Like 3

@Collin Welcome to the forum, given enough time you will feel those human connections again and get back your funny goofy behavior(my wife says I'm almost to goofy lol).  You made a good choice to quit and you'll have to pay a small price to get it back but it will be worth it.  Just remember why you quit it in the first place, and you said it yourself that the honeymoon phase is over and the positive effects are gone. Just hang in there and post about anything you got going on....it helps me alot to check in and post. Good Luck!

-Currently day 51

• Like 1