QuittingAdderall.com Forums

UGH

DelaneyJuliette

This is my first post.  I had 8 years free from all substances and then I got a prescription again for adderall.  When it works, it works.  And when it doesn't, I relate to every single freakin' thing written on the homepage of this forum.  I have so much tolerance that the only way I can get it to have any effect now is by snorting it, and even then it only works sometimes.  But the problem is, when I try to quit, I am so tired that I can't even muster up the energy to go to this page!!  I keep getting to the point where I know I need to, and then I have a moment where it "works" and I can actually get stuff done again and I can't imagine quitting....  I need to order the appropriate supplements NOW ahead of time.  I have 1 week off starting Dec 9th and I'm hoping to do it then... but I am scared that I won't follow through.  I have been on this merry go round for far too long. 

@DelaneyJuliette It worked for all of us until it didn’t. Addicts always chase the dragon of the first high that’ll never again happen. A week off is a good start, but just realize the healing process takes WAAYYYY longer. My only advice is to not try and supplement with any caffeine or energy drinks. Nothing touches what adderall could so don’t even try and reproduce the feeling. Some other members had great advice regarding L-carnitine and B12 but I can’t say I’ve tried them yet. Good luck to you! We’re in this together!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@FarFromPerfectMom Hello! Just left ER to be a supervisor at a women’s clinic! Completely new world to me but I needed a new start with my new life away from stimulants. This time I’ve been off for a little over 2mo with 2 small one day relapses. Longest I’ve gone is 4mo before I relapsed completely. Just taking it one day at a time, the new job keeps my mind more occupied so as not to dwell on the ‘what ifs.’ How about yourself? Feel free to message me.