QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Replicating Adderall (naturally.)

I'm a high school student, currently "stepping down" from Adderall. Almost there. It has no doubt become the dependency that has driven me for quite some time now. But I feel like taking this addiction with me into my adult life after graduation would probably reap less benefits at this point than I initially thought.

Let me just say this now(and it needs to be said): Adderall showed me a certain side of life that, for quite some time, had a seriously positive affect on the day-to-day. It can be seriously helpful in terms of grabbing your consciousness by the horns and holding onto the raging bull of life for a while. Hang on for a while.

Eventually it started to genuinely kick my ass. A bull is f***ing strong, as is strength of addiction that comes with Adderall.

But I discovered something so beautiful (yep, beautiful.) that has honestly given me what it takes during the day to quit amphetamines for good.

It's called Yerba Mate, and it comes from the rainforests of South America.

einstein.jpg

There are so many health benefits that come from this, I'll just let you Google if you so wish.

• Vitamins: A, C, E, B1, B2, Niacin (B3), B5, B Complex

• Minerals: Calcium, Manganese, Iron, Selenium, Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc

• Additional Compounds: Carotene, Fatty Acids, Chlorophyll, Flavonols,

Polyphenols, Inositol, Trace Minerals, Antioxidants, Tannins, Pantothenic Acid and 15 Amino Acids (all of them.)

Long story short, the tea omits antioxidants and a blend of natural chemicals that relax your muscle tissue, while energizing your mind (^that's Albert Einstein, and that's the Yerba Mate traditional "gourd cup"). It also gives athletes endurance, and supports the health of your heart.

Try it once, you will become addicted to something that will make your body happy :)

Hi Ben-

I gotta agree with everything you have posted here. We can't overlook the good traits and behaviors that adderall has provided. The problem is that it comes with the high cost of addiction. I try really hard not to demonize adderall because the drug by itself is a great thing - kinda like using psychodelics (i.e. mushrooms) to gain a different perspective, solve some personal problems, and look at things differently long after the high has worn off. But that addiction bull is a strong fucker. And you are much better off not to ride it into your adult life. In fact, if you have already learned a life lession about addiction while you are still a kid, you are already farther ahead in life that most adults.

Thanks for reminding me about Yerbe Matte. I tried it and liked it before I tried adderall then I forgot all about it. I am going out and buy a box of it today.

• 4 months later...

I'm a high school student, currently "stepping down" from Adderall. Almost there. It has no doubt become the dependency that has driven me for quite some time now. But I feel like taking this addiction with me into my adult life after graduation would probably reap less benefits at this point than I initially thought.

Let me just say this now(and it needs to be said): Adderall showed me a certain side of life that, for quite some time, had a seriously positive affect on the day-to-day. It can be seriously helpful in terms of grabbing your consciousness by the horns and holding onto the raging bull of life for a while. Hang on for a while.

Eventually it started to genuinely kick my ass. A bull is f***ing strong, as is strength of addiction that comes with Adderall.

But I discovered something so beautiful (yep, beautiful.) that has honestly given me what it takes during the day to quit amphetamines for good.

It's called Yerba Mate, and it comes from the rainforests of South America.

einstein.jpg

There are so many health benefits that come from this, I'll just let you Google if you so wish.

• Vitamins: A, C, E, B1, B2, Niacin (B3), B5, B Complex

• Minerals: Calcium, Manganese, Iron, Selenium, Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc

• Additional Compounds: Carotene, Fatty Acids, Chlorophyll, Flavonols,

Polyphenols, Inositol, Trace Minerals, Antioxidants, Tannins, Pantothenic Acid and 15 Amino Acids (all of them.)

Long story short, the tea omits antioxidants and a blend of natural chemicals that relax your muscle tissue, while energizing your mind (^that's Albert Einstein, and that's the Yerba Mate traditional "gourd cup"). It also gives athletes endurance, and supports the health of your heart.

Try it once, you will become addicted to something that will make your body happy :)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yerba Mate has a caffeine like substance in it that doesn't make most caffeine sensative people jittery. It is like caffeine, though, so in large quantities, I'm sure it is addictive also. I doubt a cup of tea a day would harm you though. I often mix it with other tea so that I minimize the caffeine but still get some of the good effects.