QuittingAdderall.com Forums

need help badily

newboy

Dear Newboy -- welcome to the group, I think you belong here. It sounds to me like you * may * have some traits in common with those on the ADHD check-lists ... but they didn't stop you getting into college and getting to your junior year before you felt you needed to see a doctor. On the other hand, it seems like you are very sensitive to the potential bad effects of all these stimulants. So as far as taking pills to treat your possible mild ADHD, it sounds like the negatives outweigh the positives! Most of the fogginess you are feeling is no doubt withdrawal from the pills, rather than some innate problem of yours.

My advice would be, relax and let go of the Adderall, and all the others! I VERY much doubt you have done anything permanent to your brain chemistry with such a short time using them. We all have strengths and weaknesses, but if you have a choice, it's better to live life without a diagnosis, I say. Best of luck!

On 3/2/2012 at 6:26 PM, Joanne said:

Dear Newboy -- welcome to the group, I think you belong here. It sounds to me like you * may * have some traits in common with those on the ADHD check-lists ... but they didn't stop you getting into college and getting to your junior year before you felt you needed to see a doctor. On the other hand, it seems like you are very sensitive to the potential bad effects of all these stimulants. So as far as taking pills to treat your possible mild ADHD, it sounds like the negatives outweigh the positives! Most of the fogginess you are feeling is no doubt withdrawal from the pills, rather than some innate problem of yours.

My advice would be, relax and let go of the Adderall, and all the others! I VERY much doubt you have done anything permanent to your brain chemistry with such a short time using them. We all have strengths and weaknesses, but if you have a choice, it's better to live life without a diagnosis, I say. Best of luck!

Hi Newboy-

First off, welcome to this community. Secondly, I would like to endorse the post Joanne made here - I think her advice is spot-on. Thirdly here is my two cents for you:

Vitamin B-12 is THE brain vitamin and you gotta have it to function normally or you are gonna feel like you are a few french fries short of a happy meal all the time. Vitamin B-12 is found in liver and other animal foods like meat and eggs. If you have a documented deficiency, it may be due to you not eating enough of these kinds of foods and/or your system does not absorb it properly from the foods. B-12 is NOT easily absorbed in the gut by most people, that is why supplements are usually sub-lingual or by injection. I bought a pack of B-12 sublingual supplements - 1000 mcg per pill - and they tell you most of this on the box so that is why you have to hold it under the tounge so it gets absorbed through your mouth. I love the energy buzz I get from those "pills" - it makes my hair tingle just like adderall did. Did you know that five hour energy is loaded with 500 mcg of B-12?

My mother always took a B-12 and iron shot on a monthly basis because of a deficiency. At the age of 87, she started taking getting a vitamin shot every couple of weeks and continiued it until she died at 90. She would complain about that foggy feeling and lack of energy when it was getting time for the shot. Her mind stayed sharp and her memory was good until the end.

Dude, you don't fucking need to take adderall. or ritalin. or any other stimulant. Sounds like the side effects are harsh even at your low doses. Get past the withdrawls, then get your nutrition right, drink enough water, get adeqauate exercise and your life will come together again. I take a good multivitamin, vitamin C, vitamin D, fish oil, and the almighty L-Tyrosine, and I don't take all of them every day. Coffee, Red Bull, Five Hour Energy and B-12 give me that occasional recreational energy buzz that I used to get from adderall, well,sort of.

Newboy,

You definitely sound like you are on medication from your writing. Try the vitamins. I take St. John's Wort. It seems to have improved my mood. It does not give me a high. Exercise gives me a high and I love it. I don't take any medication today. At one point I saw a shrink and he had me on 3 different kinds of drugs. I was a zombie. Maybe for some people, that's good. All I know for me is I am so happy to be drug free today. I don't have to mess with ANY side effects of any medication. My brain has healed and I haven't had a using dream about adderall or anything in over six months. You will be FINE! :) PROMISE.

As far as having slight attention problems/trouble concentrating...don't we all have issues with that? In today's society with all the technology, advertisements, and social media, how do we ever get anything done? What I've found helpful is setting up alternative strategies. Devour any material on how to overcome ADD without medication. I've found setting up structure, tasks lists, and keeping to a routine extremely helpful. There is tons of helpful information on this website of course. :)

You can overcome your inattention problem without medication that promotes robotic psychotic obsessive compulsive behavior. :) You seem very intelligent and I can only imagine the type of success in your future when you are willing to let go of the euphoria created by a stupid man made pill. Good luck in your journey my friend! :)

Erin

Newboy,

You definitely sound like you are on medication from your writing. Try the vitamins. I take St. John's Wort. It seems to have improved my mood. It does not give me a high. Exercise gives me a high and I love it. I don't take any medication today. At one point I saw a shrink and he had me on 3 different kinds of drugs. I was a zombie. Maybe for some people, that's good. All I know for me is I am so happy to be drug free today. I don't have to mess with ANY side effects of any medication. My brain has healed and I haven't had a using dream about adderall or anything in over six months. You will be FINE! :) PROMISE.

As far as having slight attention problems/trouble concentrating...don't we all have issues with that? In today's society with all the technology, advertisements, and social media, how do we ever get anything done? What I've found helpful is setting up alternative strategies. Devour any material on how to overcome ADD without medication. I've found setting up structure, tasks lists, and keeping to a routine extremely helpful. There is tons of helpful information on this website of course. :)

You can overcome your inattention problem without medication that promotes robotic psychotic obsessive compulsive behavior. :) You seem very intelligent and I can only imagine the type of success in your future when you are willing to let go of the euphoria created by a stupid man made pill. Good luck in your journey my friend! :)

Erin