QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Anyone have Encouragement?

Soccer2

Hey,

I have tried quitting adderall for the last 6 months and every time I quit for a period of time I start using it again. I guess I am scared of not having enough energy, but does anyone have any success stories they can share or really just anything I am very defeated because I have tried and failed to quit so many times. Any encouraging responses would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Soccer2

You need it for your energy because your brain has adapted to a highly addictive chemical now...when are you going to start reversing the damage? You mentioned the fatigue. But aren't you tired of being tired on the drug? It burns out your adrenal glands. Having too much excess energy when youre not naturally supposed to...remember the times you have not been able to fall asleep (but wanted to) because you were strung out on it? (it was during those times I reached for anti-anxiety meds...and then effectively had pills to get me out of bed in the morning and pills to put me to bed at night...Only to an addict, would that kind of life make sense..) All that burns a person out. You're not going to stop feeling helpless without pills until you start to develop yourself as a person without being a pill popper.

I have mentioned my story a couple of times on the forums now, but if you hadn't read my other postings, at one point I was getting three different prescriptions a month and that wasn't even lasting me the entire month so I found a supplier to send me enough for the days when those prescriptions ran out. You can pretty much guess where that kind of prescription pill habit took me. This crap was my entire world no matter how much I lied to myself, or tricked myself into thinking life was fine. I am 18 months clean now. It's possible.

You got to PUSH yourself (your future depends on this), to get off the meds and through the withdrawal period and know it will come to an end. It's really hard work. People are really, really desperate (that's how rehab centers can charge $2000 a day and people are willing to pay for it). So to get clean it means staying motivated...it means getting as much support as you can. It means getting your thoughts out, sharing...seeing what others think, educating yourself about what has happened to you and why you can't let go of these pills (and begin working to reverse all the damage done to your brain) and being smart enough to make this the most important thing in your life.

For what it's worth, I read somewhere that when a person relapses...each time they relapse but then try again they have a higher chance of success. What is causing you to relapse? is it the withdrawal?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

Hello there, I'm kinda short for time, but I wanted just wanted to be a voice of encouragement, going through and knowing what you are experiencing. You can do it! Whatever you do,don't stop trying and never give up on the real and true you! You are worth it by grand design! I'm at 45 days clean- small victories.

-Freedom's Wings