QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Risky Rise of the Good Grade Pill

quit-once

I read it. It is a good article to show what we are becoming and turning our kids into.

During the time I was on Adderall and not thinking anything was wrong with it, my daughter got diagnosed with ADD. The doctor prescribed Vyanese. She was in 7th grade and took it for maybe a week. She said she could focus better but didn't like how it made her feel. I didn't push it. This year she was in 8th grade and failing horribly. Even throughout all that, going to meet with the Teachers, doing extra credit, studying for hours only to get a D, I still wouldn't put her back on the Vyanese. She has such a great personality and is so full of life that I made the decision that I would rather have that person in my life with a D average than a robot with great grades. She's her without the drug. I don't know what she would be on it, but I suspect she would be the same as all of us. A medicated robot with good grades with tunnel vision and little personality. Reading the article though, made me think if she really has ADD maybe she should be on it. But reading posts here from adults who were on it as children and how they are trying to get off it, makes me think I made the right decision. I don't know. I still wonder.....