QuittingAdderall.com Forums

variation in come-downs

trey

Hi. I don't know if this has been talked of much but I'm interested in the scope of come-down severity amongst folks here. For example i've got 2 friends who just don't experience the emotional trauma that i get as soon as the dex starts leaving my system. I'm interested in any ideas/links that people might have on this one.

One idea that kinda makes sense is that the depth of the individual's 'reservoir' of stored sadness/depression will be reflected in how bad the come-down is.

Curious about any of your observations.

Thanks to MIKE for your work on this excellent website. Adderall is a complex drug, and addressing the recovery requires a subtlety of insight. Thank you also to all the forum members..

trey

My come down from adderall was actually always wonderful. I know that seems weird, but as long as I had about 3-4 days to lay around and sleep however much I needed, I was fantastic. I was usually so tweaked out by the end of a prescription I'd actually find myself looking forward to being off of it for a few days.

However, I do remember getting insane anxiety when I'd be close to the end of my prescription. There were times when I actually ran out of it 2 weeks early....those were the worst times.

What is a normal withdrawal period like for you? I was always depressed while on it, but loved it b/c it took my depression away by tuning into whatever task was in front of me. I usually became happy again when it was out of my system as in I could laugh and actually not have to force fake smiles.

Well if we are talking about withdrawal, then my symptoms aren't particularly acute. Just a return to my usual low mood with some extra fatigue from stopping the pills suddenly.

The daily come-down is what really rips me to shreds.. I know that any stimulant will do this to an extent, but i get a catatonic depression where every thought/emotion/sensation just plain HURTS. It doesn't matter the dosage, small or large. Just a severe spiritual emptiness. Regret, guilt. I am a skull. Everything is a fraud.

Some friends have said they quite enjoy the hollow feeling of a comedown but for me each second is unbearable and i MUST have alcohol :unsure:

Maybe I am just extra-sensitive?

p.s Lil I don't know how this works but I've sent you a PM. Still getting the hang of this forum/pm biz!

Hi. I don't know if this has been talked of much but I'm interested in the scope of come-down severity amongst folks here. For example i've got 2 friends who just don't experience the emotional trauma that i get as soon as the dex starts leaving my system. I'm interested in any ideas/links that people might have on this one.

One idea that kinda makes sense is that the depth of the individual's 'reservoir' of stored sadness/depression will be reflected in how bad the come-down is.

Curious about any of your observations.

Thanks to MIKE for your work on this excellent website. Adderall is a complex drug, and addressing the recovery requires a subtlety of insight. Thank you also to all the forum members..

trey

For the first few years I used it, there was zero comedown for me. I could also pop an Adderall at 6pm and sleep at midnight. For the last few years I did it though, the daily comedown became intense. I'd have to smoke insane amounts of marijuana and/or drink alcohol and/or take Xanax to deal with and be able to sleep at all. My theory is that it gets worse as your dopamine depletion gets worse with continued use.

• 2 weeks later...

"My theory is that it gets worse as your dopamine depletion gets worse with continued use.."

Yeah cheers Lilah. That does sound pretty viable - i seem to recall that my come-downs weren't as intense in the early days either. And now its like they're just waiting in shadows, gearing up to rush me like freight trains. Maybe thats one more sign, just screaming me in the face like emergency lights QUIT. NOW

FOR. GOOD. NOW.

CUT!! New scene..new scene!!

No drug is gonna steal my director's chair.