QuittingAdderall.com Forums

last attempt...first time really trying

Meghan

After a few half hearted attempts this is my second day not on my meds.I know I can

get them soon but they have literally ruined my life.they have made me angry hostile aggressive distant impatient paranoid....they have ruined relationships , I look bad now I used to have really long pretty hair and its all short now,I have not cut it.its from the adderall. I have no idea how to complete any task,I couldn't even get my son off to school today. All I could do was eat and sleep and it was to much trouble to cook the food so I was eating frozen waffles in a coma state..if I can't get off adderall my life will be over and I am considering rehab I am so dependent on it.I know reading this site has helped I hope I can be off of it my family is already looking at the messy house and like at me in bed like what's

with her nobody understands

I feel empathy for you. It can be tough getting off especially if it's your first time. My first time was the worst and hardest. My doctor worked with me and instead of quitting cold turkey he weaned me off by lowering my dose each month until I was finally off. I have never taken more then 30 mg a day though. Maybe you can speak with your doctor about weaning you off. Try taking supplements that will help a lot. I use to take 2 ginko bilobas and an enerygy supplement every morning with a multivitamin on the days I felt like I needed something to help me cope. Although nothing will replace they way adderall makes you feel but in time your body and mind will adjust. The first week is the hardest if you can make it past that the second week will seem easier. You can take up exercising, it increases your endorphine levels which make you feel happy and energized. Hope this helps.