QuittingAdderall.com Forums

L tyrosine, how has it benefited you?

You MUST take it on an empty stomach - at least two hours after eating or one hour before eating. Otherwise, you will absorb the proteins in your food and the tyrosine supplement will be wasted. read the bottle. 3x500 mg one at a time throughout the day is what I take. There IS a difference in brands and I like the GNC brand better than others. I used it a lot right after quitting and sitll use it when I feel like it will be a shitty day. It is a mood elevator. It also helps supress the carb cravings. It makes me happy - sometimes almost too happy. My dog looks at me like "WTF got into you" when I take it because it makes me want to sing and whistle around the house.

• Like 2

I have also been taking L-Tryosine for a while, usually trying to take it a couple hours before eating at well and haven't really be able to notice much or tell the effects..I still take it tho! However, I have 500 mg supplements and have been only taking half of one every morning..maybe I should start taking a full one instead! idk

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I just started taking this today and it made me feel very strange..I didn't like the feeling much. I felt dizzy, my chest was hurting real bad and I felt irritated but couldnt stop moving. I read everywhere that you should never take with adderall. I DID however take 5 mgs of adderall this morning and then the L Tyrosine this evening (500 mg's) only one tablet. Maybe I shall try it again tom but only take half

I've taken it but in the form of NALT powder that dissolves in water. I've stopped taking it though. Without adderall, energy, and motivation I just got lazy and stopped. I didn't notice anything even though I was on Wellbutrin. When I was still taking adderall, I took some NALT though and started overreacting thinking I was going into tachycardia when I wasn't.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...