Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyle_Chaos

L tyrosine, how has it benefited you?

12 posts in this topic

I've taken this supplement a few years back, and I've recently started taking it again. I don't notice any benefit from it mentally, what have you all noticed as far as benefits when you've taken it?

Maybe I should try it for a few weeks before I knock it :P

You MUST take it on an empty stomach - at least two hours after eating or one hour before eating. Otherwise, you will absorb the proteins in your food and the tyrosine supplement will be wasted. read the bottle. 3x500 mg one at a time throughout the day is what I take. There IS a difference in brands and I like the GNC brand better than others. I used it a lot right after quitting and sitll use it when I feel like it will be a shitty day. It is a mood elevator. It also helps supress the carb cravings. It makes me happy - sometimes almost too happy. My dog looks at me like "WTF got into you" when I take it because it makes me want to sing and whistle around the house.

2 people like this

I had it an hour before eating, I am in a slightly better mood today I suppose..

I just feel a little cloudy headed, I can't think quite as well but I do feel a little more giddy.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to do too much. I can't tell if I'm having the placebo effect today or just feeling good because I ran 6 miles yesterday...

Oh well, I'll try it for the next couple days and see if I notice a significant impact on my mental state.

I have also been taking L-Tryosine for a while, usually trying to take it a couple hours before eating at well and haven't really be able to notice much or tell the effects..I still take it tho! However, I have 500 mg supplements and have been only taking half of one every morning..maybe I should start taking a full one instead! idk

Anyone knows if you can take L-tyrosine and wellbutrin together. And what is a good starting daily dosage?

Thank you!!!

I just started taking this today and it made me feel very strange..I didn't like the feeling much. I felt dizzy, my chest was hurting real bad and I felt irritated but couldnt stop moving. I read everywhere that you should never take with adderall. I DID however take 5 mgs of adderall this morning and then the L Tyrosine this evening (500 mg's) only one tablet. Maybe I shall try it again tom but only take half

I've taken it but in the form of NALT powder that dissolves in water. I've stopped taking it though. Without adderall, energy, and motivation I just got lazy and stopped. I didn't notice anything even though I was on Wellbutrin. When I was still taking adderall, I took some NALT though and started overreacting thinking I was going into tachycardia when I wasn't.

I just tried it this morning.  I have to admit, I feel like the faucet's been turned back on.  pretty neat....will there be a coinciding crash though???

I like tyrosine.

There are studies that show it's benefits at preventing mental fatigue as well as reaction time.

It also is the precursor to dopamine and noradrenaline supplementing is thought to increase the readability of the neurotransmitter.