QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Wellbutrin, Ambien, Lamictal

I have a really good doc now. I spent time with her today and here's what she said... just passing it along...

1) Wellbutrin: as mentioned before, the FDA recalled 300MG XR a little while back because it didn't work. This was the generic form of the drug. If you get 300MG XR prescribed to you now, either take the brand name or do 150 SR twice a day. Maybe for me that has something to do with my lingering depression... we shall see...

2) Ambien: so here's an interesting fact. I asked my doc about the memory loss thing and she said, yep, it's probably the ambien. Then she went on to say she doesn't prescribe it unless absolutely necessary and she personally thinks it's tied to depression. She has a very busy practice, most of her patients are only with her for 6 months or so because they get better. She noticed a few of her depressed patients were not, so she did an analysis of those who had treatment resistent depression and their meds, and sure enough, ALL of them were on Ambien. Hmm..

3) She asked me to look in to Lamictal, which is a bipolar med which is also used off label to treat depression and boarderline personality. I really would rather not take other drugs if I don't have to but I am wondering if anyone here knows anything about it?

Just before you jump all over me, Cassie, remember I'm a bit scared of you... :unsure:

I have a really good doc now. I spent time with her today and here's what she said... just passing it along...

1) Wellbutrin: as mentioned before, the FDA recalled 300MG XR a little while back because it didn't work. This was the generic form of the drug. If you get 300MG XR prescribed to you now, either take the brand name or do 150 SR twice a day. Maybe for me that has something to do with my lingering depression... we shall see...

2) Ambien: so here's an interesting fact. I asked my doc about the memory loss thing and she said, yep, it's probably the ambien. Then she went on to say she doesn't prescribe it unless absolutely necessary and she personally thinks it's tied to depression. She has a very busy practice, most of her patients are only with her for 6 months or so because they get better. She noticed a few of her depressed patients were not, so she did an analysis of those who had treatment resistent depression and their meds, and sure enough, ALL of them were on Ambien. Hmm..

3) She asked me to look in to Lamictal, which is a bipolar med which is also used off label to treat depression and boarderline personality. I really would rather not take other drugs if I don't have to but I am wondering if anyone here knows anything about it?

Just before you jump all over me, Cassie, remember I'm a bit scared of you... :unsure:

So you were on Wellbutrin XR before or you're just now getting on it?

It's working FANTASTIC for me, I have absolutely zero social anxiety and a lot less depression now.

I wish you the best.

What?! Scared of me? Dude, I'm so short, you could totally take me :)

I actually took lamictal for about a month a long time ago, during my antidepressant experimentation phase. It made me tired, and I wasn't interested in feeling tired or sluggish, so I thought it was a dumb drug. That's all I really remember about it. I liked wellbutrin better because of the stimulating effect.

Kyle, I have been taking wellbutrin for years. But the last few weeks/months I really didn't feel like it was doing very much. That's when I did my research and found out about the FDA recall... which only applied to 300XR generic. I pick up my new prescription today, so we will see.

Cassie, thanks and sounds like if I end up taking Lamictal I won't have the energy to take you, shortie!